8mm Forum
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Pet Sematary print (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Pet Sematary print
Alan Rik
Film God

- posted August 04, 2008 05:15 PM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As always I do not know the specifics of this situation but in my dealings with Andreas, they have all been wonderful. He sold me a print of "Zombie" and told me of the print quality. And it was great as he said. I wanted to buy "War of the Gargantuans" and he had it for sale but he advised me that the color was very warm and if I really wanted it I could have it..but he did warn me. And I passed.
In regards to Paypal fees, when dealing overseas, I expect to pay Paypal fees in most cases. If you email sellers in Germany some do not accept paypal fees unless you pay the 3%. Even at 3% it is still cheaper than changing the money into Euros over here and risk sending the cash overseas or doing a bank transfer. My bank charges me $50 for a bank transfer!!
Not everyone can get along in this world but In my dealings with Andreas I have found him to be a very good and honest seller and I can recommend him whole heartedly. He doesn't give me the feel of a egotistical seller but a collector like one of us. Plus...he does have titles that we cannot get here in the states. [Smile]
I hope you can work things out.

|  IP: Logged

Mike Williamson
Expert Film Handler

- posted August 04, 2008 05:24 PM      Profile for Mike Williamson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Alan -

That's exactly what I came here to do...To work things out. It seems Andreas is not interested in working it out. Instead he continues to rant about eBay. Which has nothing to do with me or our transaction.

The Paypal issue is moot. I agreed weeks ago to pay his fees. I had a knee jerk reaction when he asked for it since I had been frustrated with the way he treated me, but literally the next day I sent him an email that said, basically, "sorry about that. I was having a bad day. I'll of course pay the fees."

He obviously has some sort of grudge against ebay that he is taking out on me, because ebay won't listen. It seems it's making him feel better to deny me a sale, because he feels he's sticking it to eBay. Totally irrational, if you ask me.

Anyways...I'm still here, Andreas, and still have the same agenda. All I ever wanted to do was communicate again and finish the transaction. I am not eBay. I'm just Mike. A fan of PET SEMATARY.

Mike

Dan Lail
Film God

- posted August 04, 2008 05:33 PM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree with Mike. Mike's post have been friendly. For some reason that I know not, Andreas is not coming across as Mr. friendly dealer. I detect an attitude that is a bit condescending. Why????

Oemer Yalinkilic
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 04, 2008 05:41 PM      Profile for Oemer Yalinkilic   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You canīt pray how bad is the ebay world with his fees and do the same with your paypal fees.
If I understand right: you wanted 165 Euro cash in your hand, why you cant say please send me $312

If he send $312 to you, you get $299,5 (if you have a dealer paypal account: The fees are 3,9%+ 0,3 cent.
$299,5 are 197,5 Euro. Shipping for max. 5 kg cost 32 Euro.
So you get 165,5 Euro.
Is the parcel is more than 5 kg you need 10 Euro more (42 Euro for 5-20 kg) that is $328.
Itīs more easy for a buyer to see what he must pay and not 165 Euro.
Nobody say you must sell your films for peanuts, I mean it make it easy for both, if you as a dealer say clear what he must pay.

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted August 04, 2008 05:49 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
As moderator I would like to come in here and say that I think this thread seems to be going off towards an Andreas flaming which we will NOT tolerate on this forum.

I think that this thread has got a bit out of hand [Frown]

It's quite possible Mike that the rolling eyes from Joe was aimed at the posts above about Andreas's web site and not anything to do with you personally.

With most sales I have ever conducted with another buyer I ask the questions about film quality etc first before jumping in to agree a price. Price normally gets talked about after you find out what it is your buying.

The fact that Andreas knocked the price down for you and then asked for the PayPal expense I dont think is out of order. He would have lost about another 4% on top of the generous discount he had already given you. When using PayPal its the seller that pays the expenses so you cant expect to have it all ways can you!

Now back to Andreas's first reply. When I read that I could see the humor that Andreas was putting forward to start with and this is where I think this all broke down. It must be remembered that Andreas is German and I think the way he wrote his reply didn't quite come across as funny although it was intended to be so and then I think he wrote the rest out of frustration. Please remember that you re dealing with someone whose native lang is NOT English so you must take this into account.
The comments saying that Andreas was rude was a recipe to disaster [Frown] The way that non English people write can sometimes come across the wrong way.

Mike your right. Andreas is a respected member of this community as reading old posts will show so I would think that you would realise that if you were not getting replies it was either that he thought the transaction was going nowhere or he wasn't getting all your emails. Emails do bounce or dont get to their intended destination due to spam filters and the like so these things are also sent to try us.

Who the blame lies with is not my concern or others on this forum. We don't need to see a catalogue of events from either party.

This should now be sorted out between the 2 of you via private email and not here on an open forum for all to read.

If either party wants to comment as to how the transaction finalises or not, then do so. What I will say is that if this post turns any nastier I will have no option but to step in and close it or remove it completely.

You have been warned [Eek!]

This post should really have been quite simply called "Andreas Eggeling please contact me" and left at that.

Kevin.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Andreas Eggeling
Master Film Handler

- posted August 04, 2008 05:57 PM      Profile for Andreas Eggeling     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Feel like in a cheap telenovela

Critic to Oemer:

Oemer,

du hast keine Ahnung, halt dich doch einfach raus. Danke.
und ich glaube es geht dich auch nichts an. Es ist schon schlimm,
wenn hier ein topic mit meinem Namen existiert, da muss du nicht noch den Schlaumeier machen.

For the others .. it is midnight here .. I go sleeping now..

To be continued

Executive Producer ..... ?????

End of this episode ... switch on tomorrow when Iīll be back

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted August 04, 2008 06:02 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
No please don't continue. Do this off the forum.

If you guys wish to moan abut eBay policies then please start a new thread.

Thanks, Kevin.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Andreas Eggeling
Master Film Handler

- posted August 04, 2008 06:18 PM      Profile for Andreas Eggeling     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I made the decision over a year ago to step out from this hobby,
and sell step by step my collection, this case makes it easier.

Hope that eBay will bring out new releases for you and step into
making spare parts for equipment.

Mike Williamson
Expert Film Handler

- posted August 04, 2008 06:25 PM      Profile for Mike Williamson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Following Kevin's advice, I will once again try to solve this with Andreas privately.

Andreas, I will send you another email in just a bit. I hope you will respond. I still would like to buy the print, and as I've stated here, agree to the price you quoted me, paypal fees included.

I do not want any hostility between us. I see no reason this can't be worked out.

Mike

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted August 04, 2008 06:50 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Mike, Good man [Smile]

Andreas, please now sort this with Mike off the forum.

BTW guys I had a really exasperating time just recently and yes it took me about 3 months to complete a deal with a seller in the US.
This seller does not own his own computer but uses a computer at his local library once a week only.
You can imagine the time and frustration asking questions and then having to wait a week for a reply.
In the end the transaction took place and its now one of the best prints I have in my collection. The seller is now one of the guys I would recommend to anyone but with this guy Patience is a Virtue as the saying goes.

Kev. [Smile]

--------------------

Dan Lail
Film God

- posted August 04, 2008 07:46 PM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kev, how very diplomatic! I never thought about the meaning being misunderstood because it was not in his native language. My apologies to Andreas. [Cool] Mike is a swell guy too. [Cool] Me? Now that's another story. [Big Grin]

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted August 04, 2008 08:57 PM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Andreas can you email me please, I lost your email address and was after some advice I think you may be able to help me with please.
Many thanks Mark.
You can access my email above.

PS this post doesn`t feel quite 8mm forum-ish if you will.

Keith Ashfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 05, 2008 02:54 AM      Profile for Keith Ashfield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree with Kevin and Mark regarding the above.

This post is like watching a "soap opera". It is one of those "episodes" where it is depressing, but compulsive viewing and not something that is the norm on this Forum. It tends to leave a "bad taste in the mouth" reading about two collectors "arguing in public".

I don't wish to take sides, but in light of what Kevin said, you can read this thread in numerous ways and each party concerned is the villain or hero, when in actual fact, neither are!

Mike admits the frustration of not speaking German and having to use a translation programme at some stage. Andreas could have the same problem with language communication. Using a computer translation programme can "distort" the most innocent phrase into an insult for the recipient party, if you are not careful. The progarmme will not "translate" emotions the way spoken speech will. Always remember that what one says in one language, that is humerous, can "translate" as an insult in another. The same can be said when "freely translating" into another language, in the written form. [Confused]

The outcome that all forum members would like to see, I'm sure, is a happy one.

Mike gets his much sought after film. [Big Grin]

Andreas gets his financial reward - all's well. [Big Grin]

But, I feel it should be done in private, not in public.There is always a risk (and I see it happening here) that people "take sides" without being in "full possesion of all the facts" and you get a "split jury that argues amongst itself".

Lets not have a "split forum"!

The love of film, technical info exchange, friendship and good humour (or "warped humour, at times" [Roll Eyes] ) is what this forum is all about. Let's get away from the "crones sitting around the guilotine waiting to see the head drop" scenario and back to what we are good at!

That's my opinion of the matter - no offence intended to anyone, whatever their nationality, or native language. [Smile]

--------------------
"We'll find 'em in the end, I promise you. We'll find 'em. Just as sure as a turnin' of the earth".

Andreas Eggeling
Master Film Handler

- posted August 05, 2008 04:47 AM      Profile for Andreas Eggeling     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good morning and hello,

welcome back to the fantastic soap opera
"The celluloid family"

Will Andreas sell the print? Does he slept well?
Did he stand up with the right leg?

Commercial break
 -
(Raider was the name in some european countries for a long time...)

Andreas got a message from Mike (Burbank) and answered it friendly. (hope it was)....and got a 2nd message few minutes later but didnīt answer still now ... was to late.

Andreas slept well, cause of rainy fresh air from outside.
Andreas reading news on homepages of newspapers. New York professor Nouriel Roubini prophecy hundreds of bankruptcy of banks in the US. Greenspan talks about big economical crises of century. [Eek!]

commercial break
 -
(... and was rebranded to Twix later.)

Does Andreas trust paypal transactions cause of this news?
Will he sell the print?

closeup view of Andreas.

Picture freeze.

Titles:
To be continued.
Executive Producer: N.N.

Can this topic be withdrawn?

Keith Ashfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 05, 2008 06:34 AM      Profile for Keith Ashfield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Quite frankly, now that we have entered the realms of "sarcasm" then perhaps the "topic" would be best removed. If we are not carefull, this "post" could "explode" out of all proportion and turn very nasty indeed.

Just my humble opinion, of course.

--------------------
"We'll find 'em in the end, I promise you. We'll find 'em. Just as sure as a turnin' of the earth".

Ralf Hoff
Expert Film Handler

- posted August 05, 2008 06:54 AM      Profile for Ralf Hoff   Email Ralf Hoff   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello to all,

I think Keith is on the right way. People must be carefully with their posts. Here in Germany whe have also a 8mm forum and many of the posts (threads) are not carefully. At the end of all the forum now will be closed.

Ralf

--------------------
Arbeits- & Interessengemeinschaft Celluloidfilm
Ehrenamtlich im Einsatz für das Film-Hobby

Cine 8-16
Das Magazin rund um den perforierten Film
www.celluloidfilm.de

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted August 05, 2008 07:08 AM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't see what the big deal is - just let Mike and Andreas deal with it privately.

End of story!

-Mike

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted August 05, 2008 05:42 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Which they are now doing [Smile]

Lets hope they manage to work out a deal.

Kev.

--------------------

Mike Williamson
Expert Film Handler

- posted August 06, 2008 04:35 PM      Profile for Mike Williamson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Since Kevin said we could post the outcome of all this here when the transaction had finality, I am posting here to report that...

Unfortunately, Andreas will not sell the print to me.

He responded to one email I sent a few days ago, stating he decided he didn't want to accept Paypal payments from an American because he read banks are going bankrupt here and he didn't trust the payment would go through. (An unfounded fear, based in no fact)

When I emailed him again to please check my 10 years of feedback on eBay with no negatives to ease his mind that I would not send him a faulty Paypal payment (if it's even possible), he did not respond.

I sent another email today asking him if he could give me a final decision, and he did reply with a 5 word response: "I donīt want to sell."

So, that's it guys. The end of the story.

The lesson I learned? Well...Uhh...Hmm. Not sure really.

The moral of the story? That would have to be...Ummm...Hmmmm...

I guess the moral is I should never get too excited about a print. Because even if it's for sale...And even if the seller will sell it to me...You never know what kind of inexplicable stuff will go down that will keep it in Germany.

Goodbye, Pet Sematary print. I hardly knew you.

Mike

PS: I changed the title of this topic from "Andreas Eggeling???" to "Pet Sematary print" because Andreas said he didn't like a topic with his name on the forum. And out of respect for his feelings, I adjusted it.

Steven J Kirk
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 06, 2008 05:04 PM      Profile for Steven J Kirk   Email Steven J Kirk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm a new member here. Hope I don't see too many threads like this again.

--------------------
VistaVision
Motion Picture High-Fidelity

Andreas Eggeling
Master Film Handler

- posted August 06, 2008 05:15 PM      Profile for Andreas Eggeling     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Steven, you are right.

I asking Kevin today AGAIN to erase this painfully topic from the forum.

Where I am, that I have to warrant me if I sell a print or not???

I ask all forum members, would you like to see a topic where interested buyers to force you to sell a print?

So PLEASE Kevin or Douglas erase this topic.
I am really pissed off.

Mike Williamson you will NEVER NEVER get this print.

Mike Williamson
Expert Film Handler

- posted August 06, 2008 05:22 PM      Profile for Mike Williamson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is the LAST post I will make in this topic.

I just want to remind everyone ...This topic was not started to "force" Andreas into a sale.

This topic was started to try and contact him. I thought my emails were bouncing. There was no negativity in my post.

It was Andreas who publicly listed a detail of the account, including a tirade against me and eBay, first. I responded with another private email.

If Andreas was shy about being in the public eye with his views, he should not have posted them on an open forum. No one forced him to a keyboard.

The End.

Mike

Andreas Eggeling
Master Film Handler

- posted August 06, 2008 05:27 PM      Profile for Andreas Eggeling     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry guys, this is like stalking.
Dozens of emails from him.

Mike was it who start a topic about a perhaps coming up deal with me.
And his first posting here I felt it was negative.
One reason of NO DEAL.

Steven J Kirk
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 06, 2008 05:39 PM      Profile for Steven J Kirk   Email Steven J Kirk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Guys! Life is too short for this - all over 'Pet Sematary'. [Eek!]

--------------------
VistaVision
Motion Picture High-Fidelity

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted August 06, 2008 06:13 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
No guys I'm having the last word here [Eek!]

I have decided to leave the topic here for others to read if they so wish but I am now closing it as I dont want this to go on for an eternity. As Steve says "Life is too short".

What started out as a Please email me request got a reply which I think I too would have been a little surprised at getting.
A translation from German to English above was also eye opening. Oemer's comments I thought were quite valid.

At the end of the day Andreas is not selling the print and I just wish he had said so politely at the start. Not quite the way to do business [Eek!]

Anyway it's over now and I don't as moderator want to see a repeat of this as I will just have the members concerned kicked off. So guys and any gals reading this you have all been warned [Embarrassed]

Kev.

--------------------

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC