8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Super 8 3D

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Super 8 3D
Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted September 09, 2008 12:22 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Was there ever a standard 8mm or Super 8mm home movie camera that would shoot in 3D? (I would think that it would work with a Standard 8mm, as you could have a 16 gate, but have two gates, simultaneously shooting from slightly different angles, and then in ther pocessing, the two would be sandwhich together with either the red/blue lenses or otherwise.

I know that there were 3D home cameras at one time. One, i think, that was as late as the early 1990's

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

|  IP: Logged

Joerg Polzfusz
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 09, 2008 01:21 PM      Profile for Joerg Polzfusz   Author's Homepage   Email Joerg Polzfusz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,

you might want to take a look at this link:
http://super8wiki.com/index.php/Category:FAQ#3D

Jörg

Jim Carlile
Film Handler

- posted September 14, 2008 03:48 AM      Profile for Jim Carlile   Email Jim Carlile   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lenny Lipton set up two Nizo 560s for 3-D, and I believe his setup was marketed for a short while by Super 8 Sound in the mid 70s.

Lipton, of course, was the Independent Filmaking guy. He now runs that huge 3-D outfit in Beverly Hills that's wiring all the world's theaters right this minute. He donated all his film equipment to a college in the San Francisco area a few years ago.

Martin Jones
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 14, 2008 04:06 AM      Profile for Martin Jones     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you want to read about Lipton's early work you (which includes his two Nizo 3-D rig) can download his book on the subject for FREE at the follwing....

http://www.stereoscopic.org/library/

I've just done it, and it's an interesting book (once you've sorted out the wheat from the chaff). Download the 600dpi version for clarity, and save the zip file if you've got plenty of space, as well as the .pdf result. Read it on screen and then print what you want; you can always go back to the .pdf if you need to.

Martin

[ September 14, 2008, 08:39 AM: Message edited by: Martin Jones ]

--------------------
Retired TV Service Engineer
Ongoing interest in Telecine....

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC