8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » where can i get my Nikon Super 8 Zoom repaired?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: where can i get my Nikon Super 8 Zoom repaired?
Khouyada Younadam
Junior

- posted September 16, 2008 01:39 PM      Profile for Khouyada Younadam   Email Khouyada Younadam   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i just bought this camera off ebay. i did some test footage filming,... and when i got the film processed.. it showed a couple clips, and that was it. 98% of the footage was all black. i don't know what to do. please help. thank you. [Confused]

|  IP: Logged

Alex Fox
Expert Film Handler

- posted September 16, 2008 06:08 PM      Profile for Alex Fox   Author's Homepage   Email Alex Fox   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi., Khouyada, Wellcome to the form.What model is your camera an R8 or R10 and do you have a manual for it Alex.

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted September 16, 2008 11:43 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sell the all black print to Chip [Big Grin] [Wink]

cheers,

--------------------
Winbert

Jim Carlile
Film Handler

- posted September 17, 2008 01:54 AM      Profile for Jim Carlile   Email Jim Carlile   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For repair:

http://www.duallcamera.com/store/index_Cameras_Super8mm.shtml

Khouyada Younadam
Junior

- posted September 18, 2008 05:20 PM      Profile for Khouyada Younadam   Email Khouyada Younadam   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi., Khouyada, Wellcome to the form.What model is your camera an R8 or R10 and do you have a manual for it Alex.

Alex,
thank you... i'm glad there is a forum like this, very happy to be a part of it. anyways,..it's a Nikon "Super Zoom 8", and yes i do have a manual. it's not a user problem, because i tried every setting available on the camera. i would film for 5 seconds, stop, and change the setting,then film for another 5 seconds, stop, change the settings and so on. i filmed during the day, dusk, and night. but even though i filmed that way, only 1 second came out of a 5 second take... so it could not have been user error.
have i confused you yet, haha. let me know if that made any sense.
thank you.

Alex Fox
Expert Film Handler

- posted September 18, 2008 06:21 PM      Profile for Alex Fox   Author's Homepage   Email Alex Fox   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi.,Khouyada, Good to see that you have a manual as you will know what all the the switchs are for on the left side of the the camera.My thoughts were that you may hve been activating the switch that operates the shutter,run your camera and check that the shutter is not closing you can see this throw the viewfinder. Alex

Khouyada Younadam
Junior

- posted September 18, 2008 07:00 PM      Profile for Khouyada Younadam   Email Khouyada Younadam   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi.,Khouyada, Good to see that you have a manual as you will know what all the the switchs are for on the left side of the the camera.My thoughts were that you may hve been activating the switch that operates the shutter,run your camera and check that the shutter is not closing you can see this throw the viewfinder. Alex

Alex,
that's what i meant, i tried everything. i used the manual shutter settings and the auto settings too. i used the camera the correct way and the incorrect way. but there is no way that i could start filming and 1 second only shows in the beginning and not the rest. especially with the first take. on the first take, everything was set to auto, and i did not touch anything but the trigger. but after 1 second the film overexposed and turned black. i'm very sure the shutter is messed up, but i didn't touch anything during the filming. i would stop filming then change the settings. and i'm guessing you're talking about the a-m-c ring on the left side... is that correct?

Alex Fox
Expert Film Handler

- posted September 19, 2008 06:01 PM      Profile for Alex Fox   Author's Homepage   Email Alex Fox   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Khouyada, It looks like your autmatic exposure is giving you the problem which would be a job for the Nikon boys.sorry that I could not be of more help. Hope it all works ok for you. Alex.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC