8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Sankyo Sound 600 question

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sankyo Sound 600 question
Kevan Ellis
Junior

- posted September 17, 2008 08:46 PM      Profile for Kevan Ellis   Email Kevan Ellis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi All

I have a Sankyo sound 600 here and the sound on a blackhawk 400' of Our Gang sounds a bit slow ( Alfafa has a deeper voice than I remember). I know on Phil's web page there is two speed control pot on the sankyo 700 are they on the 600 as well and could it be that someone slowed down the 24 fps to record video
Thanks
Kevan

|  IP: Logged

David Kilderry
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 18, 2008 03:52 AM      Profile for David Kilderry   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
From memory Kevan the 600 has the same two pots. They may have been adjusted in the past on yours, but from my experience with many Sankyos, including one bought new in 1979, they vary in speed with age. It is just a characteristic of the projector.

David

Kevan Ellis
Junior

- posted September 18, 2008 06:30 AM      Profile for Kevan Ellis   Email Kevan Ellis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
David
Is there any way to fix this? The picture seems fine it's just the sound. Now half way through the second reel it seemed to be getting abit better so now I'm wondering if there was some dirt I missed while cleaning the sound head. I may try to look for the spead pots and do a little fine tune if it continues. The prolector has been in storage since the 70's the belt had turn to dust inside the machine.
Kevan

David Kilderry
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 18, 2008 07:31 AM      Profile for David Kilderry   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Give it a good run for a few hours with film and see how the speed ends up, it may return to mormal.

David

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted September 18, 2008 09:18 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kevan

Phil's Collectibles at www.8mm16mmfilmscollectibles.com is advertising a Sankyo 700 and an inset shows the two speed pots which may help you to see them.They are probably the same as on your projector.

When at the site click on "Super 8" and scroll down to the sale item. Then click the small photo to enlarge.

Hope this helps.

--------------------
Maurice

Kevan Ellis
Junior

- posted September 18, 2008 06:04 PM      Profile for Kevan Ellis   Email Kevan Ellis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just got home from work!
Maurice
yes that is the web site. I looked for the pots this morning but was unable to see them. I think I have to remove an electrical board out of the way, first.

David I think I'm going to try cleaning the head again but there is NO noise other than the sound track and that comes out loud and clear, just a tad slow???? I think if I run some more film through it, for an hour or so, would help. There can't be more than a few hours on it from when it was bought in the 70's. Some times when you are dealing with electronics they kinda have to warm up abit just like an old picture tube.

Other than that, This projector is a joy to run film through.

Always in this forums debt [Confused]

Kevan

Kevan Ellis
Junior

- posted September 21, 2008 04:17 PM      Profile for Kevan Ellis   Email Kevan Ellis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I found the pots for the sankyo 600. Thay are not in the same place as the 700. I turn up the one for the 24fps and played a reel and it was much to fast so I backed it off to half of were it was and it's perfect sound and perfect picture. I'm so glad I spent the 80's and mid 90's biulding computers. For future reference if anyone is going through the past posts for this problem I can help with pictures and clarification on what to do.
Kevan

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted September 21, 2008 05:28 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Kevan, Post the info here so they are on the forum for ref for others to see if you dont mind.

That would be great of you. I'm also glad you are now a happy bunny [Smile]

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC