8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Single8film.com Anyone use his services?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Single8film.com Anyone use his services?
Alan Rik
Film God

- posted November 02, 2008 04:21 PM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I sent some film to Kent over at Single8film.com in May of this year for processing. Well now it is almost 6 months later and still no film. The last email I received from him was in September saying the film was on its way back from Japan. Now no response to emails. I have used his services in the past and the longest I had to wait was 2 months.
Has anyone had any contact with him recently? I'm thinking maybe something happened.

|  IP: Logged

Jim Carlile
Film Handler

- posted November 03, 2008 03:03 AM      Profile for Jim Carlile   Email Jim Carlile   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Call up these guys and ask them what's going on. It's the same address. Someone there might know:

http://www.yelp.com/biz/new-puppy-la-los-angeles

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted November 05, 2008 03:42 PM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just saw this. Thanks Jim!

Joerg Polzfusz
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 06, 2008 04:52 AM      Profile for Joerg Polzfusz   Author's Homepage   Email Joerg Polzfusz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There's also a fax-number on the contact page - just in case that there's another problem with the mail server (s. news-page):
http://www.single8film.com/contact.html

Mike Nyberg
Junior

- posted November 16, 2008 10:30 PM      Profile for Mike Nyberg   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Nyberg   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
He was at times a bit slow on the response but yeah, I found it took about 3 months or so to get my single 8 film back...at least I think it was that long...maybe it was only 2 months. All the same, worth the wait for sure. Never had a problem with Kent - he's a good guy in my experience.

Cheers,
Mike

--------------------
Visit my 8mm website:
http://home.pacbell.net/mnyberg/super8mm/

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted November 17, 2008 04:23 PM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
He finally contacted me. He was away on business. However here is some new news. He told me that Fuji in Japan stated that they would not develop older R200, R25 film. Older than the R200N and the R25N. And they stopped sound striping films as well. So he is trying to get them to do this last batch (of which mine is in) before they stop those services.
So far it has been 7 months I have been waiting. Ouch.

Adam Wilkins
Junior

- posted November 18, 2008 11:54 PM      Profile for Adam Wilkins   Email Adam Wilkins   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
its a shame to hear that it has taken so long for your film to be developed! i used the Retro 8 service in Japan and received my film back in just under 1 month. highly recommended!

the sound-striping machine at the fuji lab is unfortunately broken.

Joerg Polzfusz
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 19, 2008 03:03 AM      Profile for Joerg Polzfusz   Author's Homepage   Email Joerg Polzfusz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,

I just received an eMail from Retro8:
* Fuji indeed stopped developping all films other than the current R25N and RT200N. (The pre-striped versions of the R25N and RT200N aren't processed by Fuji anymore, too!) Nevertheless Retro8 can still process them. (It also looks like http://www.super8.nl/ might process them.)
* Fuji didn't stop sound-striping, but the sound-striping-machine is currently broken. (According to another contact in Japan, the machine is broken since June/July. This might explain the delay of Alan's films. I wonder who this affects my films [Frown] )

Jörg

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC