8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » new member/beaulieu twintrack owner

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: new member/beaulieu twintrack owner
John Edwards
Film Handler

- posted November 12, 2008 03:26 AM      Profile for John Edwards     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hello to all members,i have just registered with 8mm forum and i run a beaulieu twin track and a sankyo800 the stereo does not funtion but as i have no stereo films im not to worried. i use the sankyo to check films boughtit can be any small projector eumig,elmo etc because checking films on top quality projectors is very damaging with continueing stop start,stop start.the micro switches on the elmo will malfuntion eventully. everyone calls me ED i usually help ian(perrys movies) at conventions. conventions. [Smile] conventions. [Smile]

--------------------
theatre is live film is art television is furniture.

|  IP: Logged

Mike Peckham
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 12, 2008 05:07 AM      Profile for Mike Peckham   Email Mike Peckham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Ed,

Welcome to the forum!

Like you, I too use a Sankyo Stereo 800 as a second machine, my first being a GS 1200, in fact, if I’m honest the Sankyo gets far more use than the GS as I tend to only get the GS out for doing larger shows for family and friends.

That said, the GS 1200 has run a great deal of film since I bought it from Ian at Perrys about 10 years ago and has never let me down, the only work it has had carried out is Kevins Capacitor upgrade.

I like the Sankyo 800 a lot, it is a great projector with excellent optics, cracking good sound and nice looking in to the bargain, but best of all it has never scratched or otherwise damaged a film.

By the way how is Ian’s back?

Mike [Cool]

--------------------
Auntie Em must have stopped wondering where I am by now...

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted November 12, 2008 08:37 AM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome John!
I also use a Beaulieu 708EL Stereo and a GS1200.
This Elmo doesn't scratch but sadly I had one that did...nice to know I have some prints with green lines! [Smile]

Douglas Meltzer

- posted November 12, 2008 10:14 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
John/Ed,

Nice to have you here on the Forum! I have a plethora of projectors but I use (and trust) the GS more than any others. Please say hello to Ian for all of us.

Doug

[ November 12, 2008, 11:48 AM: Message edited by: Douglas Meltzer ]

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

John Edwards
Film Handler

- posted November 12, 2008 10:29 AM      Profile for John Edwards     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hello mike,ians(perrys) back is a lot better i have told him
not to lift with his back as it will be a lot weaker now.
ref; beaulieu708 mine is the twintrack not so much to go wrong
but i wouldnt mind having the stereo model did you know that
beaulieu did over 150 modifications from 1978 first machine right up to the last one around 1981i have the repair manual
available from oldtimer cameras i have done some of the modifications on my twintrack.ED.

--------------------
theatre is live film is art television is furniture.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC