8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » New member with Agfa Movector Dual

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: New member with Agfa Movector Dual
Kai Helge Aalhus
Junior

- posted January 14, 2009 05:23 AM      Profile for Kai Helge Aalhus   Email Kai Helge Aalhus   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi all!

I'm a new member here, and the main reason I registered here is that I recently found an Agfa Movector Dual in the attic of my parents house. Along with it was loads of 8mm films that they shot in the early-/mid seventies of me when I was a toddler.

Now I am a parent myself, and I have never seen this footage, so it would be great to be able to watch it, and for my kids to see what their dad looked like :-)

I have opened the Movector Dual, and I have found that there are two 'rubber bands' that are torn. One of them is about 560mm long and the other is about 210mm long.

I have no idea whatsoever on where to even begin looking for new bands, so I thought I'd register here to seek expertise help.

I am also in need of a manual for this projector.

If anyone can give me tips and help with this I would be very happy indeed.

All the best,
Kai Helge Aalhus
Norway

|  IP: Logged

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted January 14, 2009 06:46 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello and welcome to the forum.

There's a great Ebay store that sells projector belts: Click Here

And the ones needed for the Agfa Movector Dual are listed.

Another solution is to purchase belt material from Derann Film Service and create one yourself.

Since you've opened the projector, give it a good cleaning, apply some silicon-based grease on plastic moving parts and lithium-based grease on metal moving parts.

[Wink]

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

Kai Helge Aalhus
Junior

- posted January 14, 2009 07:52 AM      Profile for Kai Helge Aalhus   Email Kai Helge Aalhus   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jean-Marc,

Thank you for your reply! I will order the appropriate belts from the ebay seller.

On another note; when I have received the belts, how will I get them fitted in the right way? As I've said, I have no experiences with projectors and I do not have a manual for my Movector.

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted January 14, 2009 01:53 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is this the machine with 200ft capacity?
Feed and takeup reels on the same axis?
I also have one of those - my first projector. I wouldn't part with the projector for sentimental reasons but, if I can find the manual you're welcome to it.

-Mike

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted January 14, 2009 02:32 PM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Michael: that's the one. [Wink]

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

Kai Helge Aalhus
Junior

- posted January 14, 2009 02:34 PM      Profile for Kai Helge Aalhus   Email Kai Helge Aalhus   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks a lot Mike, I would really appreciate a copy of your manual - and yes it's the one with both reels on a single axis.

[Smile]

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted January 15, 2009 03:07 AM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kai,

I have searched high and low but this manual is nowhere to be found. It must have been misplaced - I have moved a lot since buying that projector 35yrs or so ago.

Sorry, sir.

-Mike

Kai Helge Aalhus
Junior

- posted January 15, 2009 04:03 AM      Profile for Kai Helge Aalhus   Email Kai Helge Aalhus   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No worries at all Mike. It was worth asking :-)

If anyone knows where to get hold of a manual, please let me know. I will probably need one when I get the new projector belts.

Hugh McCullough
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 15, 2009 07:07 AM      Profile for Hugh McCullough   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Kai.

I have a copy of the manual. I have placed it on the web as a downloadable PDF file.
It is slightly tatty, but better than nothing.
It can be downloaded from:-
www.kalee.co.uk/agfaqwrz.htm
and will be available until January 18th.

Hugh.

--------------------
EIKI Ex 6100 xenon machine.

Kai Helge Aalhus
Junior

- posted January 15, 2009 07:24 AM      Profile for Kai Helge Aalhus   Email Kai Helge Aalhus   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks a lot Hugh, I really appreciate it!

Now I just have to wait for the belts to get here, and then I hopefully will get the Movector going.

Could I ask any of you guys for help or tips if I need any?

Cheers,
Kai

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC