8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Clear square plastic cans like the old days

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Clear square plastic cans like the old days
Brad Kimball
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 01, 2009 09:04 PM      Profile for Brad Kimball   Email Brad Kimball   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone know if you can get the clear plastic square cases that often came from Niles and U-8. Gee, they're terrific and I have a bunch that have cracked.

|  IP: Logged

Joe Taffis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 02, 2009 02:54 PM      Profile for Joe Taffis   Email Joe Taffis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brad, those original NILES and U8 clear cases are hard to come by without cracks. Watch for TUSCAN cases(and reels). They pop up on eBay once in a while in 200', 400', and 600' sizes. They're not crystal clear, but they work for inserting the artwork from the cracked cases.

--------------------
Joe Taffis

Brad Kimball
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 03, 2009 10:15 AM      Profile for Brad Kimball   Email Brad Kimball   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, Joe. Aren't thoses boxes just the bomb? I love them and I've searched all over the web and nobody even carries anything remotely like it - I mean NOBODY!

Stuart Reid
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 04, 2009 07:35 AM      Profile for Stuart Reid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is this the sort of thing you're after?

James N. Savage 3
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 04, 2009 11:54 AM      Profile for James N. Savage 3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brad-

Steve Osborne of the Reel Image in Ohio sells those clear plastic boxes on Stuart's link (thanks Stuart!). I just bought some myself, and they are great. A little more durable than the U-8's as I remember, and the reels are GREAT for auto take-up.

James.

Joe Taffis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 04, 2009 05:15 PM      Profile for Joe Taffis   Email Joe Taffis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brad, they're the ones I was talking about. Thanks for that Nick...and Stuart, I had no idea they were still available new. I plan on ordering some from Steve myself. [Smile]

--------------------
Joe Taffis

Brad Kimball
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 04, 2009 09:08 PM      Profile for Brad Kimball   Email Brad Kimball   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yessss! They are just what I was looking for! Thank you!!

Jorge Rondao
Film Handler

- posted February 09, 2009 06:35 PM      Profile for Jorge Rondao   Author's Homepage   Email Jorge Rondao   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You got us here in ebay,

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=300288425874

Best regards

Jorge

--------------------
Lets show another movie

Brad Kimball
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 09, 2009 10:52 PM      Profile for Brad Kimball   Email Brad Kimball   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, that's neat! Too bad it would cost about $30US in order to get it with shipping and the conversion from pounds sterling to US dollars.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC