8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » "Rare" titles in your collection? (Page 5)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Author Topic: "Rare" titles in your collection?
Keith Ashfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 08, 2010 09:18 AM      Profile for Keith Ashfield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If he had given it to the dog as a "gift" and the dogs' name was "Fancy", would that have made it -

"FOOTLOOSE AND FANCY, FREE?"

[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------
"We'll find 'em in the end, I promise you. We'll find 'em. Just as sure as a turnin' of the earth".

|  IP: Logged

Ian O'Reilly
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 08, 2010 09:27 AM      Profile for Ian O'Reilly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Lawrence Of Arabia" full feature (mag sound)
"Das Boat" "optical sound" full feature
But being a dealer did not keep them sold them on [Confused]

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted January 08, 2010 09:56 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
WOW! "Das Boat" A truly excellent film! Good to know Ian!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 08, 2010 10:02 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ian, you are probably the only one who can really help me with FOOTLOOSE, considering the copy Osi had in his mind has been eaten by a dog called LADY while a TRAMP was trying to take it off her mouth!

FOOTLADY AND THE TRAMP (or LADY AND THE TRAMPLOOSE?) [Confused] .

I'd add the following to my rarest:

- SUSPIRIA (Dario Argento, 1977)
- IN SEARCH OF THE CASTAWAYS (Robert Stevenson, Disney's Production, 1962)
- THE MILLION DOLLAR DUCK (Vincent McEveety, Disney's Production, 1971)
- SNOWBALL EXPRESS (Norman Tokar, Disney's Production, 1972).

--------------------
I remember when I was (super) 8 years old...

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted January 08, 2010 05:47 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That reminds me, I have a very rare Disney feature on Super 8 optical sound ...

"The Takedown"

An almost unknown live action Disney feature from the late 70's about a high school wrestling team. Not a comedy, though it has comedy moments.

--------------------

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 08, 2010 05:55 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The very first PG Disney's (it was released in 1979).
Another piece of news. I did not know a 8mm optical edition of this existed [Eek!] .

--------------------

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted January 08, 2010 09:38 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Give that man a big Carona Carona!

Yep, it was they're first PG film. They were very timid about releasing it as a Disney release so, though it carried they're "Buena Vista" title card, it didn't say at the beginning they're characteristic "Walt Disney Presents" on it.

It was Lorenzo Lamas's first theatrical film. His girlfriend was played by none other than "Marcy Brady" from the Brady Bunch and it even had a young Stephen Furst, (who would later rise to fame on the sci-fi TV series "Babylon 5").

I don't know how many optical features of this escaped the "chopping block" but my print is just slightly off in color, very passable. It's so rare that, except for a brief release early on, on VHS, it has never been seen on Laserdisc, DVD or Blu-ray. Even VHS copies of this tend to go for a lot. It's one of those films where a bunch of no-gooders in High School decide to join together to form a wrestling team to take on the national champions. One of those "root for the underdogs" films!

--------------------

Thomas Smith
Master Film Handler

- posted January 09, 2010 06:36 AM      Profile for Thomas Smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
HELLO I AM A NEW MEMBER SO A REPLY WOULD BE GOOD

APART FROM THE TWO FILMS I HAVE LISTED BEFORE
I HAD A OPTICAL PRINT OF THE JAMES BOND FILM
FOR YOUR EYES ONLY I HAVE NEVER SEEN IT LISTED
ON ANY DEALERS LIST

--------------------
t.smith

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted January 09, 2010 08:44 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have that one two, Thomas.

Has the color held up REALLY well on your print? I ask as the color has not faded at all on my print, and I've always thought that this film is an L.P.P. print, but I've never been able to verify that.

--------------------

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 09, 2010 08:59 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Osi, is it possible Mel Brooks' SPACEBALLS (optical sound) was printed on Agfa or LPP? I have a copy of that and color is really fantastic. But I am not in a position to see any marks on the stock itself. Maybe you (or other members) know.
Thanks.
[Wink]

--------------------

Hans Rennert
Junior

- posted January 09, 2010 01:58 PM      Profile for Hans Rennert   Email Hans Rennert   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My one and only rare super 8mm film is

"Operazione Paradiso" Italian, 4 reel, some fade [Frown] , mag mono (poss stereo, it has two stripes?)

The US title is "Kiss the Girls and Make Them Die". It is my favorite spy movie of all time. [Cool]

Douglas Meltzer

- posted January 09, 2010 02:18 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hans,

Welcome to the Forum. That's quite a rare title to mention in your first post! I've always liked that film and in particular, the music score.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Thomas Smith
Master Film Handler

- posted January 09, 2010 02:55 PM      Profile for Thomas Smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hello osi
i had to sell that bond print so maybe you have it
the colour was still good when i sold it

--------------------
t.smith

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 09, 2010 03:01 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ciao Hans, and welcome to Paradise (eh eh eh).

May I ask you if the copy of OPERAZIONE PARADISO is the one posted here? Thanks and greetings from a very rainy and cold Italy [Cool] !

-

--------------------

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted January 09, 2010 04:16 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gian ...

"SpaceBalls" would have to be either Kodak SP or L.P.P., as my print has also held up perfectly, but I have heard of prints of this starting to brown.

Bad eastman stock (the pinky kind) was already out of the picture, but I do know that Kodak SP was used for quite awhile on optical features.

--------------------

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 09, 2010 04:25 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Osi! I will screen it soon and post some pics. Ciao.

--------------------

Joerg Niggemann
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 09, 2010 04:26 PM      Profile for Joerg Niggemann   Email Joerg Niggemann   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Titles in my collection that might be rare are:

- A+C meet Frankenstein, full length feature
- Rambo - first blood, full length feature
- Der Schatz im Silbersee („Treasure of Silver Lake“), full length feature

Hans Rennert
Junior

- posted January 09, 2010 05:07 PM      Profile for Hans Rennert   Email Hans Rennert   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have no idea how many 8mm of 'Operation Paradise' could be in circulation. 35mm there are, at most, a half dozen; if ya wanna call it circulation. Unfortunately its got the fade. I'll do a transfer and color correct it (dub a second english audio) when (march?) I can get to it. Its the full 'director's' cut version, altho, (obviously) in italian.
As for being that exact same box, my reels are clear, and the gold sticker is not there. I did get it this fall from italy via ebay. Maybe its that one... [Roll Eyes]
Just spun it a little thru an editor, haven't even projected it, too nerveous and dont have a quality projector that has the least chance to mess up the print. I was tempted to get an eumig 810 recently tho...

And yes the score for the movie is great. It seems to be in mono tho. Btw 'moonraker' was copied from this this spy 'spoof' movie. [Wink]

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 09, 2010 05:14 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hans
as far as I know, just one edition issued. But I simply wanted to be sure we were referring to the same print. Sound is definitely mono, even if it has the balance stripe.

--------------------

Hans Rennert
Junior

- posted January 09, 2010 05:39 PM      Profile for Hans Rennert   Email Hans Rennert   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My print is just like that one pictured. Do you have an idea of how rare it is? I wouldn't part with mine tho.

I would like to track down a 16mm version, but so far nothing. Maybe one day I'll pull some favors and screen one of the two (3?) 35mm prints I know of.

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 09, 2010 05:47 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OPERAZIONE PARADISO was issued by Sagittarius. Authorized edition, but red cast to the color (in general, talking about all their issues).

All movies released by Sagittarius here in Italy are not complete (edited versions).

The movie is quite rare. But not impossible to find. A copy was for sale on Ebay some weeks ago. Ciao.

--------------------

Hans Rennert
Junior

- posted January 09, 2010 06:01 PM      Profile for Hans Rennert   Email Hans Rennert   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There was originally a red cast on the print new? That explains that, thanks.

What I mean is that the bits that are edited out in the US version is in the Sagittarius version. Tho something else was cut...I'll have to run it all thru first. Looks like about 1200 ft- 80 min, out of a 106 min film. Well I got to log this puppy. Thanks again!

Michael Beyer
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 11, 2010 02:34 AM      Profile for Michael Beyer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Beyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Keith,
I think my "Rio Bravo" is the same print as CHC released it.
It is made by German Lab, very good colour and sharpness.

--------------------
Just remember the time when Home Cinema was not a disc...keep perforated

Chris Batt
Film Handler

- posted January 13, 2010 02:45 PM      Profile for Chris Batt   Email Chris Batt   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi there David, just to let you know I'm in County Tyrone, about 5 miles outside of Dungannon [Smile]

David Ahrens
Junior

- posted January 13, 2010 04:58 PM      Profile for David Ahrens   Email David Ahrens   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Chris
drop me an email it would be nice to chat to a collector in NI. you can get me at d dot ahrens at sky dot com.

All times are Central
This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC