8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » The Return of Count Yorga

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Return of Count Yorga
Joe Taffis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 15, 2009 01:52 PM      Profile for Joe Taffis   Email Joe Taffis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I really like this film, more than Count Yorga,Vampire... and I always thought it would make a great 400'or 600' digest. There's a 400 foot UFA German language print on eBay, but it's black & white...does anyone know if it was also released in color? thanks

--------------------
Joe Taffis

|  IP: Logged

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted February 16, 2009 06:52 AM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Both of those are titles I'd like to have on 16mm. Never come across them.

Brad Kimball
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 16, 2009 11:00 PM      Profile for Brad Kimball   Email Brad Kimball   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, I love these 2 films. Robert Quarry is hilarious in interviews. He always laughs about how cheaply made they were and always refers to them as absolute schlock. Basically, his attitude was an actor needs to work - so he took what he could. The houses used were always the homes of cast and crew members or empty rentals they got to use for pennies. I also love "Blacula" which also would have made for a great digest. Why Columbia never released "Return Of The Vampire" as a sound 400'er or even mag stripe the 200'er is beyond me.

Marshall Crist
Master Film Handler

- posted October 21, 2015 06:18 PM      Profile for Marshall Crist   Email Marshall Crist   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, the German release of RETURN OF COUNT YORGA was also released in color. Am I too late? [Smile] As far as I can tell, the boxes on this title all list "black & white and color," so I'm not sure how you are supposed to tell what you're getting. Managed to track down a color one, though.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC