8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Eumig HQS projectors: better to use mike input for recording?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Eumig HQS projectors: better to use mike input for recording?
Jim Carlile
Film Handler

- posted April 19, 2009 03:18 AM      Profile for Jim Carlile   Email Jim Carlile   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just came across an interesting two-page article in a 1975 Movie Maker about the 800 series Eumigs .

Their recommendation was to use the microphone rather than the audio input for all transfers and recordings. Experimentation showed that because of the capacitance problems introduced by the cables, high frequencies were being clipped by the special control circuitry behind the HQS at the regular input.

They did recommended an attenuator cable for the mike input if the voltage was too high, and even had a circuit for one.

Question: would this apply to all the HQS projectors, including the 900 series? Before I experiment for fun I'm wondering if it is even worth it.

For reference, the issue was March of 1975, and the article was written by Chris Taylor, who I understand is still very active.

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC