8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » 15" reels on Elmo ST-180E

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 15" reels on Elmo ST-180E
Marty Pinkerman
Junior

- posted April 27, 2009 07:58 AM      Profile for Marty Pinkerman   Email Marty Pinkerman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
15" & 20" Reels
http://www.flickr.com/photos/10741951@N04

Scroll through.

[ May 09, 2009, 06:29 AM: Message edited by: Marty Pinkerman ]

|  IP: Logged

Joe Taffis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 27, 2009 08:51 AM      Profile for Joe Taffis   Email Joe Taffis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hi Marty, well, it sure makes the projector look impressive! I assume the adapter takes the strain of the huge reels off of the motor, right? Did you make and install this mod yourself?

--------------------
Joe Taffis

Marty Pinkerman
Junior

- posted April 27, 2009 10:32 AM      Profile for Marty Pinkerman   Email Marty Pinkerman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Joe. Everything runs smooth. The internal motor only runs the sprockets and blower, nothing else since I removed the arms.

The external motor is a Slo-Syn 72 rpm synchronous motor with an output torque of 5ft-lbs. Since the takeup reel only turns at 12rpm at start up, the motor is plenty fast enough for this application. The takeup reel works by friction, and that is adjusted from the front side by tightening the knob. So simple.

I'm looking for a smaller motor with high torque to put on the back lower side of the takeup arm so the projector will have a clean, non-obtrusive appearance. I'm open to suggestion's from anyone on how to improve on this.

Marty

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted April 27, 2009 01:55 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Marty

Thats brilliant, looks great.

Graham. [Smile]

Marty Pinkerman
Junior

- posted May 07, 2009 08:27 AM      Profile for Marty Pinkerman   Email Marty Pinkerman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here are a few more pictures of my Elmo with the 2000' Reels. I will be posting a video of the projector running very soon.

Pay no attention to the color of the backing plates & knobs. I know it's way off!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/10741951@N04

Enjoy!

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted May 07, 2009 08:34 AM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Crikey !!! Blimey !!! ETC !!!

Best Mark.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC