8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » (Elmo ST-180 & Eumig 926) Looking for help on two issues

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: (Elmo ST-180 & Eumig 926) Looking for help on two issues
Angelo Pisano
Junior

- posted May 12, 2009 11:45 PM      Profile for Angelo Pisano   Email Angelo Pisano   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,
I need help on two issues; any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

First:
I bought a Eumig 926 because I wanted a stereo machine. I have looked for a copy of the user’s manual all over the net without any luck. Does anyone here have an idea where I may secure one? I will be happy to pay for it.

Second:
I have a couple of Elmo ST-180 and the service manual. I would like to modify the speed so I don’t have to open it up and play with the control. I understand it’s possible to modify it so it can be used as an inexpensive ETC.
Can any of you Elmo experts send me some information on parts and wiring diagram?

Thank you

Angelo

|  IP: Logged

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 12, 2009 11:52 PM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You can buy a copy of the 30 page Eumig manual at oldtimers camera. I have bought a number of manuals from them including the super rare Elmo AP-8
Old timers camera Eumig 926

--------------------
"You're too Far Out Miss Lawrence"

Jim Carlile
Film Handler

- posted May 14, 2009 02:36 AM      Profile for Jim Carlile   Email Jim Carlile   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Movie Maker review is better than the instruction book. I believe someone on this forum has it avaiable for download:

http://8mmforum.film-tech.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=002343

Those reviews are as complete as you can get. They explain everything and go through every feature and how to use it.

Angelo Pisano
Junior

- posted May 15, 2009 07:29 PM      Profile for Angelo Pisano   Email Angelo Pisano   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you Jim

Thank you Geno

I ordered the user’s manual and I am trying to get the Movie Maker review.

Can anyone give me a hand with the ST-180 question?

Thank you

Angelo

Angelo Pisano
Junior

- posted May 18, 2009 02:41 PM      Profile for Angelo Pisano   Email Angelo Pisano   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi again,

Lots of experts here, and I mean this sincerely and with due respect.

Perhaps my post have been missed so I am trying again.

Anyone can send me information and perhaps a wiring diagram so I can add a pot to a couple of Elmo ST-180 for variable speed use without having to open the back and play with the speed controls everytime I want to use them for transfers?

Thank you

Angelo

Angelo Pisano
Junior

- posted May 24, 2009 12:02 PM      Profile for Angelo Pisano   Email Angelo Pisano   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone on the Elmo speed variation?

Thanks

Angelo

Martin Jones
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 24, 2009 01:19 PM      Profile for Martin Jones     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, Angelo, I can send you the schematic of the speed control network, but cannot (for safety reasons) suggest the method or the component values for the conversion you envisage. However, the speed control method is very evident from the diagram, so you should be able to work out what to do.
There were two variants of this circuit, one with transistor output, and the later one with IC control. Both diagrams are available.
The ST180 (180 meters capacity) and the ST 600 (600 feet) are the same machine.
Please send your email address to blagdonian (at) btinternet (dot) com

Martin

--------------------
Retired TV Service Engineer
Ongoing interest in Telecine....

Angelo Pisano
Junior

- posted May 25, 2009 03:37 AM      Profile for Angelo Pisano   Email Angelo Pisano   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Martin,

Thank you very much, I sent you an email with my email address.

Thaks again,

Sincerely

Angelo

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC