8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Eumig P8 Automatic Loading

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Eumig P8 Automatic Loading
Mark Wingfield
Junior

- posted August 02, 2009 06:03 PM      Profile for Mark Wingfield   Email Mark Wingfield   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a Eumig P8 Automatic that I have failed miserably to load the film through. I have no manual but have tried to follow a manual for a similar but not identical P8 Automatic, but to no avail.

My version has a plate on the side that you need to remove to try and feed the film through. However, it then seems impossible to replace this side plate with the film in place. Pictures from the side are below. The route of the film is a dotted line on the side. If I feed the film through, without the side plate, it simply pulls tight to the side of the lens spool, rather than the nice loop dotted on the side.

I have other images if required.

Any help would be appreciated

Cheers

Mark

-

-

|  IP: Logged

frank arnstein
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 03, 2009 03:53 AM      Profile for frank arnstein   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Mark
The P8 side cover you speak of is not at all needed for this projector to run & show films normally.
It is provided only for the purpose of Automatic Threading of Film if you choose to use it. The cover provides a simple means of creating 2 loops & if everything is set up correctly, you can make this projector thread itself from rel to reel.
It takes quite a bit of practice to master the Autothreading & so most owners dont use it at all. There are too many false starts causing damaged film.
If you thread up the Projector by hand then you can make the loops just right within seconds. Its easy as pie to thread this without the cover in the way. I suggest you only use the cover for when displaying the projector. Don't try to refit the cover after its threaded & running. You will damage the film & there is no point in refitting it once its threaded & running.
If your projector is always loosing one of its loops, then the claw is most likely in need of adjusting & checking.
So get the projector closely inspected by a technician.
If you need a manual for it I can help you.
good luck
dogtor pufferfish
[Smile]

--------------------
At Projector Heaven the Focus is always on Detail.

____
[o:/o]<|=- dogtor@projectorheaven.com.au
//``\\
-----------------------------------------------

Hugh McCullough
Expert Film Handler

- posted August 03, 2009 06:02 AM      Profile for Hugh McCullough   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Mark.

Please go to:-
www.cinephoto2.co.uk/eump8aqxc.htm
where you will be able to download an instruction manual.
Unfortunatly I can only keep it on the site until August 8th 2009 as I need the space after this date.

Hugh.

--------------------
EIKI Ex 6100 xenon machine.

Barry Johnson
Master Film Handler

- posted August 03, 2009 06:13 AM      Profile for Barry Johnson   Author's Homepage   Email Barry Johnson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes,thread it manually and throw away the auto device.They either work or dont,and yours is tempremental.By threading manually you can ensure proper and larger loops that will enable you to ensure the film is snapped inproperly to the film retainers in the sprockets.The P8 is one of the finest projectors for lacing up and will run anyhing gently without damage.

--------------------
Standard8 rules!!

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC