8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Process for Kodachrome 25?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Process for Kodachrome 25?
Simon McConway
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 10, 2009 04:30 AM      Profile for Simon McConway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have some outdated (process by 1984) rolls of Standard/Regular 8 film, which are Kodachrome 25. Am I correct in thinking these are processable with the usual Kodachrome process, and that they're not KII?

|  IP: Logged

John Whittle
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 10, 2009 10:53 AM      Profile for John Whittle   Email John Whittle       Edit/Delete Post 
If you have the boxes, somewhere on the box it will say "Process K12" or K14 or whatever. 1984 is pretty old and I wouldn't hold out much hope for an image.

John

Bill Phelps
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 11, 2009 06:43 PM      Profile for Bill Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know how to throw up links but I have dealt with FILM RESCUE here in the US and they can pretty much develop anything and have about a 2 month turnaround.

Check out there website for info.

Bill

Joerg Polzfusz
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 12, 2009 05:51 AM      Profile for Joerg Polzfusz   Author's Homepage   Email Joerg Polzfusz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,

wikipedia says that every Kodachrome produced after 1974 is "K-14": http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kodachrome#Product_timeline
Hence the film could be processed by Dwayne's within a few days: http://www.dwaynesphoto.com/

Jörg

Warton Parfitt
Junior

- posted October 13, 2009 06:31 AM      Profile for Warton Parfitt   Author's Homepage   Email Warton Parfitt   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Perhaps text on boxes in the US different from here in Europe I have 1 boxe each of unopened of K25 and KII standard 8 from the 1980s - neither mention either K1

Warton Parfitt
Junior

- posted October 13, 2009 06:32 AM      Profile for Warton Parfitt   Author's Homepage   Email Warton Parfitt   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Perhaps text on boxes in the US different from here in Europe. I have 1 box each of unopened of K25 and KII standard 8 from the 1980s - neither mention either K12 or K14 !

Rob Watson
Junior

- posted October 14, 2009 11:05 AM      Profile for Rob Watson   Email Rob Watson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
K25 is developed using the current Kodachrome chemistry (known confusingly as K14) KII used the previous Kodachrome chemistry (K12). The only place in the world that can still carry out Kodachrome processing is Dwaynes in Kansas and they cannot process films using obsolete Kodachrome processes. In other words Dwaynes can process K25 but not KII.
Other labs can only get a black and white image out of a roll of Kodachrome because they dont have access to the Kodachrome process.
Whether you get an image at all out 25 year old Kodachrome depends entirely on how it has been stored.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC