8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » How Many Films Do You Own On Super 8? (Page 7)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Author Topic: How Many Films Do You Own On Super 8?
Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted December 26, 2017 07:15 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is a good thread, i think what counts here is that it doesnt matter whether you have 21 or 2100 titles, what counts is that its YOUR personel collection. In our case we continue to sell to buy as films begin to fade or we re think the amount of viewings a film has had. I dont particuly think a title is worth hanging onto if we havnt viewed it in more than 3/4 years. [Wink]

|  IP: Logged

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted December 26, 2017 03:19 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tom, you have 6 films I'd like - Bless us all, we're crazy and we love our films - Cheers, Shorty

Lars-Goran Ahlm
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 03, 2018 07:55 AM      Profile for Lars-Goran Ahlm   Email Lars-Goran Ahlm   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Another year has passed, and it seems like just a couple of months since I last added the films of 2016.

In 2017 I have not bought anything on 8MM, and my additions on 16MM is as follows:

Short:
Mission: Impossible - Season 1 Episode 23 - Action - 50 min TV episode

Features:
Force Ten From Navarone (Scope)
Gold (Scope)
Golden Rendezvous
Meteor (Scope)
The Last of Sheila
The Towering Inferno (Scope)

Meteor is a replacement in AGFA, as I earlier had a faded Eastman copy.

Noticed I only have contributed here three times during 2017, must try to be more active, maybe that could be my resolution for 2018.

--------------------
"The trouble with these international affairs is that they attract foreigners"

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted January 03, 2018 08:00 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Shorty, which films are my list that you are looking for?

David Hardy
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 03, 2018 08:15 AM      Profile for David Hardy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For me personally it all about quality and not quantity in all things in life.

So its the same when it comes to film collecting.

I don't just mean the print and sound quality but the quality of the film itself.

So therefore its all very subjective and very selective and discriminative when it comes to buying and collecting.

I don't keep a count or lists so I cant add to this thread.

[Big Grin] [Wink] [Wink]

--------------------
" My equipment's more important than your rats. "

Lars-Goran Ahlm
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 01, 2019 04:37 PM      Profile for Lars-Goran Ahlm   Email Lars-Goran Ahlm   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yet another year has gone. I don’t know where it went, but it was fast!

During 2018 I “sort of” bought nothing on S8MM (Waiting for a parcel from US, that will arrive shortly. Presently at Customs here in Sweden).

On 16MM I bought the following features:

Big Business – 1988 Midler/Tomlin – NOT L&H
Juggernaut
Lassiter
One Hundred and One Dalmatians – Disney animated version
Raid on Entebbe – TV version – 140 min
The Front Page – Scope – Wilder/Lemmon/Mathau version from 1974
The Man Who Would be King – Scope
Wilt

And that’s it, no shorts or anything else.
But my BIG purchase of 2018 must be a GS1200 Xenon.

Last year I hoped to be more prolific here, I was NOT!
Maybe I will, just hoping, be more involved during 2019.
Don’t get me wrong, I’m here reading topics almost every day, just don’t answering anything or starting new threads.
So much to do and so little time!

Happy New Year to everybody, may you have time to see many films during the coming year!!

--------------------
"The trouble with these international affairs is that they attract foreigners"

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted January 02, 2019 05:01 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm with you David.

Some nice Super 8 Scope in 2018 and as always still boosting the Christmas films which we enjoy the most here. Constantly surprised new sealed vintage films are turning up having obtained a few of the Ken releases including the 400ft Star Wars which I'm deciding to open or not. [Roll Eyes] Have to think on that one..

Gary Schreffler
Film Handler

- posted January 02, 2019 06:18 AM      Profile for Gary Schreffler   Author's Homepage   Email Gary Schreffler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm guessing I'm a different animal than most members of this forum. I have over 700 reels of super 8 (almost all 400'), and at least double that of regular 8. But all of my films are amateur home movies filmed aboard Navy ships (including Liberty scenes ashore all over the world). They span from the late 1930's through the mid 1980's. Mostly color.

As a Navy veteran, I'm on a crusade to ensure these films (and hence our stories) are preserved. I also convert all to digital.

Anyway, that's what I'm about...

--------------------
My God; It's Full Of Stars!

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted January 02, 2019 07:36 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gary, this is what the home projectors were made for, thats a lot of history you have on film. And the best way to preserve them as far as colour is concerned. [Wink]

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted January 02, 2019 08:08 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
1,021 shorts (some features) and a smattering of 16 - Shorty

Panayotis A. Carayannis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 02, 2019 08:35 AM      Profile for Panayotis A. Carayannis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Economics still low.
Silent feature: 314 THE CAVALIER (1928) with Richard Talmadge.Sonorized with sound effects,music and dialogue!
Sound feature : 301 AN INVENTION OF DESTRUCTION (1959) dir. Karel Zeman.

Plus about seven cartoons and ten short silent comedies with Charley Chase,Jimmy Parrott,Jimmy Aubrey,Jimmy Adams,Snub Pollard and Chester Conklin. Not many,but mostly rare ones.

Rob Koeling
Master Film Handler

- posted January 02, 2019 10:36 AM      Profile for Rob Koeling     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A Karel Zeman feature on 8mm! That is really special. I am well envious! Who released it?

- Rob

Panayotis A. Carayannis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 07, 2019 01:49 AM      Profile for Panayotis A. Carayannis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Both films came from Spain,dubbed in Spanish.

All times are Central
This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC