8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Patton 200'

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Patton 200'
James Wheeler
Junior

- posted December 02, 2009 11:04 AM      Profile for James Wheeler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone have this film and can tell me if it's worth buying? Thanks in advance.

|  IP: Logged

Douglas Meltzer

- posted December 02, 2009 11:14 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
James,

Welcome to the Forum! I did a review of all three Ken Films "Patton" releases (400 ft, 200 ft, opening speech). You can check the review index, or follow this link. The Opening Speech review is at the bottom of the thread.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

James Wheeler
Junior

- posted December 02, 2009 11:40 AM      Profile for James Wheeler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Doug. I did a search, but nothing came up. I'm thinking of buying this for my son who watches anything from WWII.

James N. Savage 3
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 02, 2009 03:13 PM      Profile for James N. Savage 3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi James. Welcome to the 8mm forum.

To find Doug's great review for "Patton", go to the home page, and find-

1. 8mm PRINT REVIEWS.

then find-

2. INDEX OF REVIEWS (at the very top of list).

3. Scroll down (alphabetical order) to "Patton"

Enjoy!

James.

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted December 02, 2009 03:25 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The "Patton Speech" 200ft alone is well worth getting, as it is the full unedited speech from the beginning of the movie, which is one of the great moments of cinema history, and it's just a man speaking before the American Flag ...

... but only George C. Scott could pull off a six minute speech like that and keep you riveted!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted December 03, 2009 12:56 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'd gladly pay £27.99 to see Marty Feldman or Christopher Lloyd take a crack at it...

Orson Welles? Sure!, but much better in this mode:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFevH5vP32s

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Douglas Meltzer

- posted December 03, 2009 01:48 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Steve,

Thanks for that link. Poor Orson......Here's the Pinky and the Brain version of another famous Welles voice over.

By the way, I'm moving this thread to the regular Forum.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted December 03, 2009 02:10 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm on a big Welles kick right now. I just watched "Citizen Kane" on DVD and I'm about to grab a biography from the library.

-Unless these shadows change there will be a long-winded topic in General Yak by Christmas Yet to Come, I'm sure.

"Now I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country"

There! Back on topic..Sorry!

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC