8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » perrys movies

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: perrys movies
John Edwards
Film Handler

- posted December 08, 2009 08:12 AM      Profile for John Edwards     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
just got back from visiting IAN at perrys'WOW' thought i was in super 8mm heaven.list out by weekend he has a gigantic colletion some titles to steal for, christmas overdrafts spring to mind.J.E.

--------------------
theatre is live film is art television is furniture.

|  IP: Logged

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted December 08, 2009 10:11 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, he wrote me yesterday, saying that he'll send a list by end of the week! I may have to break into one of my CD's just to get what I hope will be a long sought after optical feature title!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 08, 2009 10:38 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cannot wait to see that list... [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
I remember when I was (super) 8 years old...

Keith Ashfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 08, 2009 11:09 AM      Profile for Keith Ashfield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Calm down Gian, you've got "monsters" to feed..... [Wink]

--------------------
"We'll find 'em in the end, I promise you. We'll find 'em. Just as sure as a turnin' of the earth".

Graham Sinden
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 08, 2009 11:12 AM      Profile for Graham Sinden   Email Graham Sinden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gian, Ian is happy to ship any features via Parcelforce [Big Grin]

Graham S

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 08, 2009 12:21 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Graham,

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU TOO!!! [Mad] [Mad] [Mad] [Mad]
(just joking, of course).

--------------------

Larry Arpin
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 08, 2009 01:24 PM      Profile for Larry Arpin   Author's Homepage   Email Larry Arpin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone know if he takes Paypal, credit cards, etc.?

Keith Ashfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 08, 2009 01:27 PM      Profile for Keith Ashfield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Graham, on Gian's behalf, I thank you for that reminder. However, as Gian can testify, there is nothing wrong with Parcelforce, if the correct service is used.....(Off to get my "Christmas bottle" from the Parcelforce representitive...) [Big Grin]

--------------------
"We'll find 'em in the end, I promise you. We'll find 'em. Just as sure as a turnin' of the earth".

Ferran Gimenez
Film Handler

- posted December 08, 2009 01:36 PM      Profile for Ferran Gimenez     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Larry:
Ian takes credit cards for sure... I don't know about Paypal.

Cheers

Graham Sinden
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 08, 2009 04:00 PM      Profile for Graham Sinden   Email Graham Sinden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree with you Keith that Parcelforce is normally an excellent service. Most of my parcels have got delivered from them with no trouble. Its important to also remember that Parcelforce didnt loose the film as it was delivered back here but with no return address (CHC fault [Confused] [Mad] ) they couldnt send it back properly. It still seems odd even now that CHC didnt put a return label on the back, but im glad that there was a good ending and Gian got his film eventually. Parcelforce cant really be blamed.

This is going off topic so back to Perry's [Smile] . Cant wait for list [Razz]

Graham S

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 08, 2009 04:58 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Me too.
Even if I don't have any idea about what I could be interested in, now that I don't look for Disney's anymore.
Any suggestion?
WE WANT THE LIST
WE WANT THE LIST
WE WANT THE LIST
WE WANT THE LIST
WE WANT THE LIST
Hope the list will be full of interesting titles. [Big Grin]

Well boy, let's make the thread a little funny.
What movie would you like to find included in this mysterious list?

--------------------

Keith Ashfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 08, 2009 05:35 PM      Profile for Keith Ashfield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Who Framed Roger Rabbit" and "The Magic Box" will do for me, thank you very much.

--------------------

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 08, 2009 05:39 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Keith, that's the title I'm waiting for to complete my Disney's collection. I did not know you too are after it.
Here's a copy actually for sale on EbayUSA:

Who Framed Roger Rabbit on sale on Ebay

I don't know the seller.
Well, maybe I have a sort of idea about a title I could be interested in.
FOOTLOOSE. Maybe... [Wink]

--------------------

Keith Ashfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 08, 2009 05:53 PM      Profile for Keith Ashfield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have already seen the one on E-Bay in the States, Gian. This is the third time it has been on auction. I did ask the vendor various questions but have not had any favourable replies from him at all.

--------------------

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 08, 2009 06:05 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ops, sorry. I did not know...

--------------------

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted December 08, 2009 06:26 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I saw it too Keith. Sadly, it appears to have a green scratch that comes and goes, and the buyer has no idea how aften it comes and goes. That's probably why it is instantly bought and instantly sold. Still, a beautiful print.

--------------------

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 08, 2009 06:31 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cannot wait to receive mine and post some shots eh eh eh!

--------------------

Keith Ashfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 09, 2009 05:07 AM      Profile for Keith Ashfield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Osi, The strange thing is that, the one reply I did get, from the vendor (I did say "favourable" replies, not received) was that he had bought the film, from Deranns, back in the late 1980's and paid "a fortune" for it and it has only been watched two or three times. Of course, one has to take this on "face value",but for a film to have a "scratch" after so few viewings, is a bit of a concern. [Frown]

It appears that the same comment is on the print of "Time Machine" that he is selling??? [Confused]

--------------------

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted December 09, 2009 08:39 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm, quite interesting Keith.

I could be wrong, but from the earlier auctions for this same print (from the last couple of weeks), it seems like the different sellers all used the same configuration and color of plastic storage can, as well as the same pieces of Derann art.

Wow! For a person who has had it for quite awhile, straightly bought from Derann, his taste in storage is eerily like that of the other three people that have auctioned this off recently.

(note sarcasm)

--------------------

Alan Gouger
Master Film Handler

- posted December 09, 2009 09:01 AM      Profile for Alan Gouger     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Its sad the Ebay print has lines going through it in almost every picture. Emulsion at that. He must have seen this when watching the movie and should have stopped the screening and checked the projector unless it happened after the gate. Ether way its great treasure to own on film.

Keith Ashfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 09, 2009 09:05 AM      Profile for Keith Ashfield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Osi, I think that the last three auctions for this title have all been from the same vendor, hence the same picture, each auction having a lower "Buy it Now" price, and "Reserve", than before.

None of the "auctions" have "born fruit" due to the very high "Buy it Now" price and "reserve" which I think is about $5.00 below the "buy it now" price [Confused]

--------------------

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC