8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Canon Autozoom 814 (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Canon Autozoom 814
Jim Carlile
Film Handler

- posted December 20, 2009 09:30 PM      Profile for Jim Carlile   Email Jim Carlile   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Doesn't the early 814 have a mechanically-linked manual exposure wheel? If so, you don't need batteries to use it-- or even a functioning meter! Just turn the dial.

|  IP: Logged

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted December 21, 2009 07:48 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Doesn't the early 814 have a mechanically-linked manual exposure wheel? If so, you don't need batteries to use it-- or even a functioning meter! Just turn the dial.
Yes Jim, Christian is aware with this function and he know the manual exposure to switch between C (close) and O (open). The problem is Christian does not understand how Close or Open he has to set during indoor shooting (without a movie lighting)

quote:
One question tho, what does the F1, F5, F9 etc. in the video mean?
Sorry Christian, I don't know either. I am making film just for fun, but I can see that if the more open is exposure set the more light come into camera (which means can help you in indoor shooting with minimum lighting. However, it can also be over exposure if too much light coming)

cheers

--------------------
Winbert

Christian Bjorgen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 21, 2009 03:47 PM      Profile for Christian Bjorgen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I managed to fix the auto exposure now, turns out that the wire running from the battery chamber to the meter was teared, so I opened the camera and fixed it. Now it works like a charm!

I'm getting decent readings on the meter in the living room, so I think I'll be fine [Smile]

--------------------
Well who’s on first? Yeah. Go ahead and tell me. Who. The guy on first. Who. The guy playin’ first base. Who. The guy on first. Who is on first! What are you askin’ me for? I’m askin’ you!

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted December 21, 2009 04:00 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good job Christian,

Would you kindly post on youtube once you finished your work please. So I can also figure it out how I can do indoor shooting without a movie lighting. We are all learning here.

cheers,

--------------------
Winbert

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted December 22, 2009 01:02 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I'm getting decent readings on the meter in the living room, so I think I'll be fine [Smile]
Hi Christian, it just came to my mind that you might misinterpret the meter.

On my camera, if the meter moves from C to O and finally sits at full "O", it does mean the camera needs much light (hence open fully the exposure).

So if you have done testing with the camera for indoor shooting and the meter points the numbers between C and O, you are pretty well saved in terms of lighting.

However if it reads at full "O", BEWARE it can also be understood that there is not enough light (so that's why the exposure/iris is fully open).

(ps: Remember that the meter between C and O does not show how intense is the light in the room but it shows how close/open is the exposure/iris)

--------------------
Winbert

Christian Bjorgen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 22, 2009 03:09 PM      Profile for Christian Bjorgen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I will upload the film to YouTube once I have it processed and digitalized.

The needle is on 3/4 to 5/6 when I'm using the spotlights in the roof, but when I use the floor lamps aswell, it goes to about 1/2 on the meter, so I think I should be fine.

--------------------
Well who’s on first? Yeah. Go ahead and tell me. Who. The guy on first. Who. The guy playin’ first base. Who. The guy on first. Who is on first! What are you askin’ me for? I’m askin’ you!

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC