8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Sankyo 2000H drive belt help.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sankyo 2000H drive belt help.
Barry Fritz
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 29, 2009 10:31 AM      Profile for Barry Fritz   Email Barry Fritz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a Sankyo Dualux 2000H. Can anyone advise me how to change the drive belt? There are philips screws on the fan and allen screws on the lower pulley. Do these need to be removed? Also, there is a shield on the front side of the upper pulley that is awfully close to the pulley that may need to be removed. Does it? Finally, when reassembling, do the screws need to have thread locker on them. It looks as though they might have. See photo composit of both sides. Thanks in advance.
EDIT:Just looked at this thread that I posted years ago. That is not the photo I posted at the time. It's not one of my photos at all. Don't know how that happened.

-

[ December 17, 2016, 11:09 PM: Message edited by: Barry Fritz ]

|  IP: Logged

Michael Dixon
Junior

- posted December 29, 2009 10:51 AM      Profile for Michael Dixon   Email Michael Dixon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Your projector seems not to be listed at Craig Camera. Some other places offer similar reprints. These are just photocopies of the
original manuals.

http://www.craigcamera.com/lit_newrep.htm

Barry Fritz
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 29, 2009 11:23 AM      Profile for Barry Fritz   Email Barry Fritz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Correct. I did buy the Owner's Manual from Craig's, but they don't have the service manual. The Owner's manual does not address the changing of the belt. I found a place in the UK that has one but they want $54.00. A little steep for my budget. I figured someone on this forum will have the answer. It is a pretty common and popular projector.

John Davis
Master Film Handler

- posted December 29, 2009 01:55 PM      Profile for John Davis   Email John Davis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Barry,
I had one of these a couple of years ago and bought a belt from a trader on ebay for about £10 including postage (it was essentially a large o-ring but it worked very well).
As I recall, I did not have to remove the fan drum. The original belt had already broken but I seem to recall fitting the replacement over the fan drum and then onto the small pulley, I removed the curved metal shield between the lamp and larger pulley and this allowed access to fit the belt over the larger pulley. Then refit the curved metal shield.
As I said this was a couple of years ago and I did it without a manual.
Since you seem to have a belt fitted you could try the reverse of my instructions to remove it and this would confirm the method for fixing the new belt,
John

Barry Fritz
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 29, 2009 02:46 PM      Profile for Barry Fritz   Email Barry Fritz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks John. The replacement belt that I have is a round one also. Got it on eBay. My projector is working, but the belt seems kinda loose so I thought I might try replacing it. I'll give your suggestion a try if I don't get a definitive answer from someone on this forum. Cheers.

frank arnstein
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 01, 2010 03:57 AM      Profile for frank arnstein   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Barry
John is correct with his recollection.
The belt is stretched over the squirrel cage fan & then worked onto the shutter pulley using a wooden BBQ skewer to assist it over the lip while you rotate the shutter. The small cover needs loosening behind the lamp to give the clearance needed to fit the belt over the pulley.
Good luck with it and don't put any nicks into the O ring or it will fail prematurely.
Try that & see how you go.
dogtor

[ February 21, 2013, 03:22 AM: Message edited by: frank arnstein ]

--------------------
At Projector Heaven the Focus is always on Detail.

____
[o:/o]<|=- dogtor@projectorheaven.com.au
//``\\
-----------------------------------------------

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted November 30, 2011 01:47 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This thread was very helpful. I bought a Sankyo 2000H which when it arrived the motor belt was off the pulleys and the lamp was bad. It took awhile, but with these instructions I was able to get the belt back in place and I replaced the lamp with one from my non-working B&H 33ST. So far it's working great...picture bright and stable. I'm excited to try it out on my transfers...Thanks!!!!

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

Adam McCreath
Film Handler

- posted February 20, 2013 06:04 AM      Profile for Adam McCreath     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just wanted to revive this thread since it was very helpful last night. Had probelms with my Sankyo Dualux 2000H, including putting on a new motor drive belt and I could not have done it with out this thread; found some online videos that were useless lol. I can't see how it would be possible to get the belt on without removing the metal shield behind the lamp (which was not shown in any of the videos I watched lol).Thank you to all the contributors!

One question (if anyone reads this thread again since it's from 2009); my little 2000H seems to be working well, ran The Pony Express through it last night; but the take-up reel sticks a little bit; as if the belt slips; and I had to give it a tap even now and again to keep it going. Is there something I could be doing to fix this issue? Some lubricant somewhere maybe?

Cheers!

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted February 20, 2013 01:19 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A pictures worth a thousand words [Smile]

First remove the lamp...then loosen the two screws as indicated to remove the plate guard.

-

....the replace the belt using the same process as I've demonstrated in this video for the Sankyo 1000.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rog95Djbtpc&list=UUzhVuBJou11ziWdERi0ZGuQ&index=15

--------------------
Janice

Barry Fritz
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 20, 2013 09:22 PM      Profile for Barry Fritz   Email Barry Fritz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Geez. Where the heck did that pic come from that is in my starting post? I've never seen it before.

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted February 20, 2013 09:43 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just posted it...If it's a dupe...sorry. I've been having trouble with slow internet and images have not been showing up at times.

--------------------
Janice

Barry Fritz
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 20, 2013 10:14 PM      Profile for Barry Fritz   Email Barry Fritz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not yours Janice, the one with my very first post here. It's of some model I've never seen.

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted February 20, 2013 10:45 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh yeah Barry...What is that? No 2000H I've ever seen:)

--------------------
Janice

Clinton Hunt
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 17, 2016 05:18 AM      Profile for Clinton Hunt   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Geeez I've been struggling trying to fit a new belt on my Sankyo dualux 2000H since the original belt has gone gunky for a few days and it was doing my head in lol
I thought to myself there has to be an easier way so I searched the 8mm forum and looks like I may have found the answer with the lamp guard being removed.
I should've check here first like I normally do!
I will give it a go tomorrow as its nearly midnight in New Zealand that I've looked here ... way too late for this lol.
Fingers-crossed I am successful!

--------------------
Cheers from me in New Zealand :-)

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted December 17, 2016 09:34 AM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You shouldn't have any problem Clinton. Once the plate guard is removed there is plenty of room behind the pulley to thread the belt on. Let us know how it goes.

--------------------
Janice

Clinton Hunt
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 17, 2016 04:13 PM      Profile for Clinton Hunt   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OMG Janice,removing that lamp guard made all the difference!
Belt replaced in under a minute!
Cheers [Smile]
However,putting the guard back on took a few more minutes with those tiny screws!
The projector runs like a dream and the best thing is ...... "drum roll" ...... I won it on a New Zealand auction site for ONLY NZ$1 plus NZ$8 postage!
All it took was a new belt,great Christmas pressie for ME [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

[ December 17, 2016, 05:22 PM: Message edited by: Clinton Hunt ]

--------------------

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted December 17, 2016 07:39 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good news Clinton! A great little dual format projector.

Enjoy!

--------------------
Janice

Clinton Hunt
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 17, 2016 07:42 PM      Profile for Clinton Hunt   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My next mission is my Pallas/Tacnon sound 808.Both belts perished.

--------------------

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC