8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » What is the worst scratching projector made? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: What is the worst scratching projector made?
John Skujins
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 15, 2010 02:56 PM      Profile for John Skujins   Email John Skujins   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Winbert - Here's the projector you wanted for your van! Tell us how it works out!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Be ntley-BX-11-super-8-movie-projector-built-in-screen_W0QQitemZ270514796853QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3efbf03935

...and here's one that plays "tapes" [Big Grin]

http://cgi.ebay.com/BENTLEY-BX-11-SUPER-8-HOME-MOVIE-PROJECTOR_W0QQitemZ170431702843QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item27ae85673b

[ January 16, 2010, 07:42 PM: Message edited by: John Skujins ]

|  IP: Logged

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted January 15, 2010 03:17 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin]

--------------------
Winbert

Douglas W. Warren
Film Handler

- posted August 15, 2010 02:35 PM      Profile for Douglas W. Warren   Email Douglas W. Warren   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I found one of the Bentley projectors along with a matching Super-8 camera for sale at a pawn shop in the mid 1980's. No wonder it was selling so cheap,as others have mentioned it ate film with much gusto. I put a copy of Ken Films "The Sands of Iwo Jima" through it and John Wayne wasn't killed by a sniper,but by the hungry jaws of the Bentley! [Big Grin]

Gary Crawford
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 17, 2010 08:14 AM      Profile for Gary Crawford     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Guy, ....I also started collecting in 1958...or 9..with that hand cranked Brumberger. It destroyed film..but I loved that machine..and used it for years before my parents bought me an actual motorized machine. My first films..which I ran over and over and over ....on that Brumberger were just filled with black lines, but the picture was so dim and small that you could hardly tell...and I don't think it ever put any white emulsion scratches on my little 50 Castle films.

Brad Kimball
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 18, 2010 12:20 AM      Profile for Brad Kimball   Email Brad Kimball   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brad, your M/W projector sure does look alot like my GAF Dual-8 unit from back in the early-mid 70s. To it, it loves to munch and crunch fine celluloid specimens. I still use it, but I try to keep it meticulously clean and only run it sparingly. No problems so far, but back in the day....Wow, it showed no mercy.

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted August 18, 2010 03:48 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had a bell and Howeel filmosonic, i put one film through it and got one very thick green scratch on the right side. I've never since touch B&H 8mm only 16. [Wink]

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC