8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Sam Peckinpah

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sam Peckinpah
Daniel Aveline
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 20, 2010 02:44 PM      Profile for Daniel Aveline     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Apart from junior bonner,was there ever a film of sam peckinpah
released as an abridged feature or full lenght(oh I was about to forget that straw dogs exists on S8).Kind Regards

--------------------
D Aveline

|  IP: Logged

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted January 20, 2010 03:40 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I believe that marketing Films or some other German film company released at least an abridged version of his World War 2 film "Cross of Iron" (a film from the german perspective of the war).

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Keith Ashfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 20, 2010 04:55 PM      Profile for Keith Ashfield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Major Dundee" was released as a 400ft digest and also a 200ft "Making of" short about the work of the stuntmen on the picture.

--------------------
"We'll find 'em in the end, I promise you. We'll find 'em. Just as sure as a turnin' of the earth".

Mark Howard
Film Handler

- posted January 20, 2010 05:49 PM      Profile for Mark Howard   Author's Homepage   Email Mark Howard   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The making of Major Dundee, called Riding For a Fall, is an excellent short and well worth hunting down.

Keith Ashfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 20, 2010 06:11 PM      Profile for Keith Ashfield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's the one Mark. Couldn't think of the title for that one.

--------------------
"We'll find 'em in the end, I promise you. We'll find 'em. Just as sure as a turnin' of the earth".

Jose Artiles
Master Film Handler

- posted January 20, 2010 10:40 PM      Profile for Jose Artiles   Email Jose Artiles   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In Spain the brand "jmg films" released as full length feature "junior bonner" and "the getaway" the company makes about 100 prints on dreades eastmant and about 50 on agfa before they closed

--------------------
As Steven Spielberg says....
Nothing beats old school projection. Digital is just an imitation.

Michael Beyer
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 21, 2010 01:43 AM      Profile for Michael Beyer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Beyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In Germany Sam Peckinpah's "Convoy" was released by UFA as a 3x 400ft digest. The cuts of this version are very good.

Regards,
Michael

--------------------
Just remember the time when Home Cinema was not a disc...keep perforated

Mark Howard
Film Handler

- posted January 21, 2010 04:27 AM      Profile for Mark Howard   Author's Homepage   Email Mark Howard   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Convoy - that's a film I'd love to find on super 8.

Michael Beyer
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 21, 2010 04:45 AM      Profile for Michael Beyer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Beyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mark,
I would like to have an full length print (in scope). But it was never released on Super 8. [Frown]
The UFA-Version is letterboxed.

--------------------

Joerg Polzfusz
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 21, 2010 05:01 AM      Profile for Joerg Polzfusz   Author's Homepage   Email Joerg Polzfusz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,

the Super8-version of "straw dogs" can even be found on this DVD (unfortunately only in its telecined form):
http://www.libri.de/shop/action/productDetails/6611466/sam_peckinpah_straw_dogs_wer_gewalt_saet_uncut.html

This DVD has got a "twenty-minute excerpt from Mike Siegel’s documentary Passion & Poetry- The Ballad of Sam Peckinpah and the original featurette "Riding for a Fall" in black-and-white 16mm and color Super-8 options.":
http://www.altfg.com/blog/film-reviews/major-dundee-sam-peckinpah-charlton-heston/

According to this page UFA's digest of "Convoy" was made by UFA and hence is not just a "Ken film with UFA-logo and German soundtrack":
http://www.super-8-hobby.de/rezent347.htm

Marketing's 3*110m Super8-version of "the iron cross" is mentioned here as released in 1980:
http://www.ofdb.de/view.php?page=fassung&fid=1168&vid=81260

Wasn't "Pat Garrett & Billy the Kid" also available as a digest?

Jörg

Michael Beyer
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 22, 2010 02:52 AM      Profile for Michael Beyer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Beyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Hi, I wrote this Convoy-review for Robert [Big Grin]

--------------------

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC