8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Monster Movie Music

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Monster Movie Music
Peter van Zand
Film Handler

- posted January 21, 2010 03:27 PM      Profile for Peter van Zand   Author's Homepage   Email Peter van Zand   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm looking for suggestions for fitting music to play with my collection of silent monster movies cutdowns, like Frankenstein meets the Space Monster, The Giant Claw, The beast with 5 Fingers, Dracula on S8. What do you use to accompany your show?

--------------------
www.vergetenfilm.nl

|  IP: Logged

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted January 21, 2010 03:36 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Definitely Bach's Toccata and Fugue in D Minor on a pipe organ (not an orchestra...)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FXoyr_FyFw

Leave the Orchestral arrangement for Fantasia!

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Peter van Zand
Film Handler

- posted January 21, 2010 04:27 PM      Profile for Peter van Zand   Author's Homepage   Email Peter van Zand   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ooh, that's a good one [Smile]

--------------------
www.vergetenfilm.nl

Robert Aragon
Master Film Handler

- posted January 21, 2010 07:27 PM      Profile for Robert Aragon   Email Robert Aragon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Peter,
Why don't you get some monster music cds from
http://www.mmmrecordings.com/
They have great music from all sorts of classic monster films...plus, i did the cover art work.
Regardless of that, I truly think they are simply the best people at recreating the sound of the original recordings.
They have sample soundbits on the site.
yrs,
Robert

Gary Crawford
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 22, 2010 08:13 AM      Profile for Gary Crawford     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There is a Cd out with music from the score of Beast with Five Fingers.....and also other monster and suspense films. For giant monsters...try more Monstrous Movie Music...(cover art by Robert Aragon)..it has recordings of scores for The Beast from 20,000 fathoms, Tarantula , Gorgo, and the Monolith Monsters. There are many other cd's out there in the same vein.

Peter van Zand
Film Handler

- posted January 22, 2010 02:04 PM      Profile for Peter van Zand   Author's Homepage   Email Peter van Zand   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I will get one of those cd's, thanks.

--------------------
www.vergetenfilm.nl

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC