8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Noris projectors?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Noris projectors?
Jim Carlile
Film Handler

- posted January 24, 2010 10:03 PM      Profile for Jim Carlile   Email Jim Carlile   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I notice there's not much talk here about Noris projectors, yet when I read through old copies of Movie Maker they are always referring to them as being of the "Rolls Royce" class.

We never had Noris in the U.S -- at least not for long -- and they seem intriguing. Certainly attractive machines. How are they holding up these days, and are they collectible?

|  IP: Logged

Barry Attwood
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 25, 2010 03:14 AM      Profile for Barry Attwood   Email Barry Attwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jim,

I recently sold a lovely Stereo 800' Noris projector (I've got another one being serviced right now), they were one of my favourites, altough on some of the smaller models the sound output out of the machine itself was poor, as they would put the tiniest speaker they could find, but it nearly always got better by using an extension speaker. And a lot pof the later models had a fold down gate, which was very handy indeed. Oh and there reels were some of the best ever made, there 800' reels in particular were really excellent.

Simon McConway
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 27, 2010 02:26 PM      Profile for Simon McConway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a Noris 410. Superb machine and easily one of the smoothest and quietest machines I've got. Light output is amazing when you think it's the 100w lamp. I also have the earlier 312 which is even better than the 410 in terms of light output and quiet operation!

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC