8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Product Review: Film-O-Clean (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Product Review: Film-O-Clean
Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted May 09, 2010 03:44 AM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi chaps,

Has anybody used the Film-O-Clean with the flexible handles such as are on the Sankyo machines?

-Mike

|  IP: Logged

Douglas Meltzer

- posted May 09, 2010 10:02 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Michael,

If by flexible you're reffering to the folding hinged handles similar to those found on the Bauer, then take a look at the last two photos in my review. FOC clamps onto the handle solidly and the support arm keeps the handle upright.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted May 09, 2010 12:53 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Doug,
Yes I saw those pics - that's not the type I mean. The Sankyo has the plastic handle that retracts flat onto the top of the projector.
-Mike

Douglas Meltzer

- posted May 09, 2010 01:08 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mike,

Sorry I misunderstood. Surprisingly, I've never owned a Sankyo.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted May 09, 2010 01:19 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No problem, Doug [Smile]
I'm presuming there must be other models beside Sankyo which have similar handles.
Maybe someone will chime in.
-Mike

William Mouroukas
Film Handler

- posted October 09, 2011 06:45 PM      Profile for William Mouroukas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is great. I just came off the original "Anyone want a film cleaner" thread to find and read the above review by Douglas - great insight.
New to the forums, I introduced myself in the "Old Cameras and Projectors" thread last week. It's so good to link up with people that share a passion for projected film and it's natural that we would immediately recognized the critical importance of device Roy has made available.
I'm so glad I found the 8mm forum.

Pete Richards
Master Film Handler

- posted March 26, 2013 10:47 AM      Profile for Pete Richards   Email Pete Richards   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've been trying to buy a new one of these for over a year with no luck.
If anyone wants to sell me a 2nd hand one, please bounce me an email! I'd love to be able to use a wet-gate for my transfers.

I'm also interested in the recommended way to hand-clean a film if someone can point me to some relevant threads/info.
Thanks for the highly detailed review DM!

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC