8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » German Filmbörse in Waghäusel?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: German Filmbörse in Waghäusel?
Den Brown
Master Film Handler

- posted February 28, 2010 05:31 AM      Profile for Den Brown   Email Den Brown   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone know anything about this German film fair?

Will there be one this year?

|  IP: Logged

Eberhard Nuffer
Expert Film Handler

- posted March 01, 2010 03:06 PM      Profile for Eberhard Nuffer   Email Eberhard Nuffer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Den,

the Filmbörse Waghäusel is the biggest event for film collectors and filmers in Germany - but each one is also attended by film fanatics from France, Belgium, Luxembourg, Switzerland and Austria etc. You can buy cameras, projectors and any other kind of equipment as well as film prints in almost every gauge. There is a "backstage" screening room, in which new film stocks can be seen in comparison (Cinevia, Ektachrome 100 etc.), and 16mm features are shown which can be rented from a German distributor.
The Filmbörse used to be twice a year, but since last year there is just the spring event left.
The next Filmbörse is on April 17th, and I am always looking forward to it as it is always like birthday and Christmas on the same day.
See photos from the last Filmbörse in April 2009 on http://www.bfcc.biz/filmborse.html and details about the venue on http://www.celluloidfilm.de/24a6bc97e31132a03/index.html

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted March 01, 2010 03:32 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just checked out the pics - looks like an amazing event. To see so many film/equipment dealers in one room is staggering! Must try and go one year, although I don't suppose many of the films have English sound.

Eberhard - I was very interested to see the mention of a German 16mm feature rental distributor. I don't suppose new features are still being printed on 16mm for hire in Germany? Can you please tell me the distributor so that I can take a look at their site.

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Eberhard Nuffer
Expert Film Handler

- posted March 01, 2010 07:17 PM      Profile for Eberhard Nuffer   Email Eberhard Nuffer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Adrian,

you are right - many of the films are in German, but English-language films are also available: Blackhawk, Walton and Derann features, Cartoons, Trailers etc. By the way: In the 1970's and early 80's, German distributors offered a lot of films on Super 8, which were not released elsewhere. As most Super 8 prints have magnetic soundtracks, it is possible to re-record them in English. And don't forget: All the projectors and most of the other equipment are international [Big Grin]

The 16mm distributor is the "Filmverleih im Nordseepark". I don't think that they are still releasing new material on 16mm - the prints shown in Waghäusel are mostly 20th Century-Fox/UIP releases with German tracks and were struck some time ago. Unfortunately, the 16mm rental catalogue is not visible on their website; customers are asked to call or to e-mail them for details: http://84.16.234.32/filmverleih-im-nordseepark/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=7&Itemid=12

But there is another 16mm distributor present in Waghäusel, "AV-Film/Globus-Film" (http://www.av-film.de/Filme/film/leihfilme/leihfilme.htm), who also officially sell 16mm prints to collectors: http://www.av-film.de/Fundgrube/16mmGebraucht.pdf

Maurizio Di Cintio
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 27, 2010 10:17 AM      Profile for Maurizio Di Cintio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How can I get directions on how to get to the venue where the "Boerse" is held? I'd really like to attend but the link in the site provided above doesn't work.

Also I am going to fly to Frankfurt Hahn: how far is it from Weghausel? Is it well connected to it? Or is it advisable to rent a car from there?

Thank you very much for your help, guys.
I hope to meet many of you there.

--------------------
Maurizio

Maurizio Di Cintio
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 28, 2010 12:27 PM      Profile for Maurizio Di Cintio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No news?!

--------------------
Maurizio

Eberhard Nuffer
Expert Film Handler

- posted March 29, 2010 06:03 AM      Profile for Eberhard Nuffer   Email Eberhard Nuffer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maurizio,

the distance between Frankfurt-Hahn and Waghäusel-Wiesental is 167km. According to my online research, it takes you between three and four hours to cover that distance by train and bus - so Waghäusel can't claim to be very well connected (it is, after all, a small town). The "route planner" search engine tells me, that you will need 1 hour and 39 minutes by car.
I suggest you try to contact the organizer of the event, Mr. Wolfgang Schultz, for details. His E-Mail: Wolfgang [dot] Schultz [at] gmx [dot] net. Phone number: 0049-7254-73371.
Strange thing about his website - you're right, the link doesn't work, but it used to.

P.S.: For guests travelling by train, Mr. Schultz has arranged a shuttle service to bring them back to the station.

Eberhard Nuffer
Expert Film Handler

- posted March 29, 2010 05:26 PM      Profile for Eberhard Nuffer   Email Eberhard Nuffer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The organizer's wife has just told me she is aware that the website of the Filmbörse Waghäusel has been hacked again.
Her advice for visitors coming from the airport Frankfurt-Hahn is to take the train to Frankfurt. In Frankfurt, change trains, take the "Regionalexpress", direction "Karlsruhe". Get off the train at "Waghäusel".

Maurizio Di Cintio
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 30, 2010 12:56 PM      Profile for Maurizio Di Cintio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you, Eberhard. Very useful info!
I'm finally considering renting a car, since it's faster and more convenient from the point of view of schedule etc. What about parking facilities around the venue where the Filmboerse is held (and where is it located BTW)?

Hope to meet you there.

Kindest regards,

Maurizio

--------------------
Maurizio

Eberhard Nuffer
Expert Film Handler

- posted March 30, 2010 03:33 PM      Profile for Eberhard Nuffer   Email Eberhard Nuffer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maurizio,

date: April 17th, from 10:00 - 16:00

(at the Seppl-Herberger-Ring)
68753 Waghäusel-Wiesental

There is an extended parking lot around the Wagbachhalle. Just try to be there in time!

-

-

Ralf Hoff
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 19, 2010 05:33 AM      Profile for Ralf Hoff   Email Ralf Hoff   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello to all,

it was a nice day on the film fair in waghäusel. It is a heaven for all collectors, but now it is already over [Frown] .
Here are some pics for info:

-

-

Ralf Hoff

Cine 8-16 - the magazine for film making and film collecting
http://www.celluloidfilm.de

--------------------
Arbeits- & Interessengemeinschaft Celluloidfilm
Ehrenamtlich im Einsatz für das Film-Hobby

Cine 8-16
Das Magazin rund um den perforierten Film
www.celluloidfilm.de

Douglas Meltzer

- posted April 19, 2010 06:37 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ralf,

Thanks for the pictures! What interesting 8mm goods did you find?

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Ralf Hoff
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 20, 2010 01:58 AM      Profile for Ralf Hoff   Email Ralf Hoff   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Doug,

there were some interesting S8 features:

Once upon a time in the west
Rambo
Empire strikes back
Andy Warhols Dracula
Grease (Marketing Intern.)
Count Dracula (by Jess Franco with Chris Lee, Spanish Print)
and much more

For myself I bought a 16mm projector and some 16mm Trailers. [Wink]

Ralf Hoff

--------------------

Cine 8-16
www.celluloidfilm.de

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted April 20, 2010 03:27 AM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Andy Warhols Dracula? Who released this title on S8?

Ralf Hoff
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 20, 2010 03:42 AM      Profile for Ralf Hoff   Email Ralf Hoff   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Michael,

Andy Warhols Dracula was released by a spanish or italian company. I dont know it accurately. The box with a poster of the film housed four 180m (600 ft) reels with color film and magnetic sound. But you must know, these spanish or italian prints are often pinkish or red [Mad] .

By the way, Andy Warhols Frankenstein was also released as a full feature.

Hope this helps.

Ralf Hoff

--------------------

Cine 8-16
www.celluloidfilm.de

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC