8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » bfcc (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: bfcc
John Edwards
Film Handler

- posted March 21, 2010 05:29 AM      Profile for John Edwards     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
your thoughts on the final convention at ealing to those who attended it was very busy to start with and died around
3.30-4.00pm am awating news if there will be any conventions in the future i was on perrys stand and want to thank all on behalf of ian for your support and friendly banter.let us hope it isnt the final get together.J.E.(eddie)

--------------------
theatre is live film is art television is furniture.

|  IP: Logged

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted March 21, 2010 07:05 AM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I thoroughly enjoyed the day as always. All the usual suspects were there. It was nice to meet Gian for the first time.
Steve S and Jess - always a pleasure [Smile]

Christian Bjorgen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 21, 2010 07:28 AM      Profile for Christian Bjorgen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Argh! Too bad I couldn't attend this year due to being a dirt poor student, but hopefully there will be a BFCC in 2011 [Smile]

I expect pictures by monday! [Wink]

--------------------
Well who’s on first? Yeah. Go ahead and tell me. Who. The guy on first. Who. The guy playin’ first base. Who. The guy on first. Who is on first! What are you askin’ me for? I’m askin’ you!

David Pannell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 21, 2010 12:23 PM      Profile for David Pannell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Once again a really enjoyable day. Met loads of "friends", though there were a few who I missed. However it was good to catch up with most, including Steven Sigel and his young lady.

The programme was well thought out and provided a unique variety of subjects. I particularly enjoyed the 3-D presentation, which I found better than the last one - could this be because I had a pair of red/green glasses this time, instead of the red/blue ones [Confused] I seem to remember that in the early days of 3-D, the glasses were always red/green!

Mark Williams and I made pretty good time, and arrived to assist with "screen duty". Lending a hand to the proceedings always gives one a good feeling - and not taking everything for granted.

Looking forward to the 60th, wherever that may be, - and it looks like I will be available for my first visit to Tadley this year!

Finally, a big thank you to Keith, John and all the major organisers of this superb event.

--------------------
Dave.

Valves and celluloid - a great combination!
Early technology rules OK!

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 21, 2010 12:28 PM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've already posted on the other forum so can't really risk a duplicate here just in case. However, thanks to everyone and the first batch of piccies are up on the web site.

--------------------
British Film Collectors Convention home page www.bfcc.biz. The site is for the whole of the film collecting hobby and not just the BFCC.

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 21, 2010 01:16 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
I was really happy to be there, Michael.
And to meet all of you.
Keith was absolutely the PERFECT 'spiritual' GUIDE ehehe.
I cannot even remember all people who asked me 'are you THAT Gian?' and I feel a bit bad with this.
But I do hope there will be soon other good occasions to see all of you, guys.
Simply great to meet John and all other friends I could not mention here (TOO MANY).
It was simply fantastic.
Ciao.

GIAN

GRAZIE Keith and Pam [Wink] .
(Actually... I'm still in London!).

--------------------
I remember when I was (super) 8 years old...

Mark Williams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 21, 2010 02:13 PM      Profile for Mark Williams   Email Mark Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cheers Guys for yet another superb day out!!!

Many thanks to Keith,John etc for there sterling hard work and organisation.

Lets hope you can finalise the Ruislip venue real soon as the usual October convention will be sadly missed by all.

I haven't seen so many super 8mm films for sale on the bring and buy stall for years,come on guys what bargains did you manage to acquire??

Cheers Mark W

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted March 21, 2010 04:34 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It looked a great success to me so I hope it was evidence of collectors really getting behind the BFCC event in the way that seems to have happened with Blackpool. I presume the crowd was significantly above average as the programmes at the door had run out by about 11.30, when I arrived. The number of people watching the 3D show to me looked like the highest number I'd seen at ANY film convention show I've seen for several years. I agree that the bring and buy was good this time, and as I sold 32 of the 51 items I put on it, so thanks to anyone that bought any! I was also delighted to see Phil Sheard sounding unusually enthusiastic about new releases and showing 16mm test prints of some of them. I ordered some and I heard he did very well in this respect, which is great news for the hobby. I'll mention these elsewhere as they justify a separate thread. It was a shock to walk out at the end and see the entire cinema opposite demolished, other than just the front facade.

I hope the day will give Keith and John every encouragement to re-launch the event in a new venue.

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Panayotis A. Carayannis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 21, 2010 06:02 PM      Profile for Panayotis A. Carayannis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had a wonderful time but missed (forgot !!???) the forum meeting ,looking for that "elusive" title which I did not find.Got one feature and ten shorts but no real surprise.Met and chatted with a few forum members though.Dealers did a good job and left early.I only attended the 3D show.Let's wait for the next event.

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 22, 2010 04:47 PM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OK, so what did everyone pick up at the show?

--------------------
"You're too Far Out Miss Lawrence"

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted March 22, 2010 05:02 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"OK, so what did everyone pick up at the show?"

I picked up:
'The Magic Umbrella' (impressive Czech animated short, recently released on Super 8 by CHC)

And ordered (all from CHC):
Super 8 trailers to 'Terminator Salvation' and 'Avatar'
16mm trailer to the 1958 'Dracula' (BFI restoration trailer)

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Panayotis A. Carayannis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 22, 2010 05:30 PM      Profile for Panayotis A. Carayannis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Unfortunately,no MONSTER Dino! Yanis picked up two rarities, WHITE HELL OF PITZ PALU (std 8 silent),which I would have gotten if I had read Perry's new list first,(GRRR) and HERCULES,the Steve Reeves version,(12 reels color sound,std 8), one of the earliest Derann releases,that nobody remembered having seen elsewhere.
As for myself,my only feature was TOM BROWN'S SCHOOLDAYS. The rest, POPEYE,THE ACE OF SPACE (not in 3D !!)Heckle and Jeckle in PIRATE'S GOLD, WHEN MAGOO FLEW,in Cinemascope,THE EARLY BIRD AND THE WORM (WB),A DAY AT THE ZOO (WB),the early serial episodes CONDUCTOR'S COURTSHIP and DANGER GIRL,HARRY ROY AND HIS BAND plus a reel of Paramount trailers and another of british ones.

Mark Williams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 22, 2010 05:42 PM      Profile for Mark Williams   Email Mark Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here's a few of the titles I picked up..

TINTORREA-BLOODY WATERS-Mexican JAWS rip off 800ft
ELVIS THE MOVIE-JOHN CARPENTER-400FT-ORIGINAL BOX
FAMILY PLOT-HITCHCOCK-400FT-ORIGINAL BOX
BUCK ROGERS-PROMO-200FT-ORIGINAL BOX
JAWS-200FT-ORIGINAL BOX
BIO WOMAN-BOB GODFREY ANIMATION-200FT
NO NAME CITY-MAKING OF PAINT YOUR WAGON-200FT
THE BRUTAL BROTHERS-EXTRACT FROM HANNIE CAULDER-200FT

Cheers MW

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 22, 2010 05:52 PM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Panayotis did you get the Perry's release of Conductor's Courtship? I have been looking for 9.5 Novascope release of it., also which serial is danger girl from? It is not the Gloria Swanson/Bobby Vernon?

--------------------

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 22, 2010 06:52 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dinoooooooooooooooooo...
I'm back home.
Sorry no titles you has asked me about were for sale there! [Wink]

--------------------

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 22, 2010 07:30 PM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
no worries, did you get some stuff...I fully expected you to come home with about 20 new 16mm features.... [Big Grin]

--------------------

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 22, 2010 07:58 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If only, Dino...
Weight restrictions, unfortunately [Frown] .
I had even to leave RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK to Keith (on 16mm) 'cause I could not carry it with me [Wink] . He's going to ship the movie soon.
I have now some rewinds. Can screen soon your movies.
Ciao Dinoooooooooooooooo.

--------------------

Yanis Tzortzis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 23, 2010 06:17 AM      Profile for Yanis Tzortzis   Author's Homepage   Email Yanis Tzortzis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
.........a very enjoyable day indeed, catching up with friends from home and all over the UK & Europe-but feels like missing it already after all those years-been attending since 1999 [Frown] .....
.....feel a bit worried about lack of space at the Ruislip venue; but guess what's important at the mo' is to keep it going!
As for what I picked up,apart from stuff I had ordered before (incl 'Notorious' from Perry's)I scored two hits:
--White Hell of Pitz Palu
--Hercules(Old DERANN, their first print of that film)!
both in Std 8, so every reason to be happy [Wink]
...so,look forward to seeing you all next year-but forgot it's Blackpool in November [Cool]

--------------------
Yannis

Panayotis A. Carayannis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 24, 2010 07:30 PM      Profile for Panayotis A. Carayannis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dino,
Shame on me !! I goofed four times !!!! That's what happens when you play smart and write without thinking and without having seen the films ! ! ! !
Of course DANGER GIRL is the Swanson/ Vernon comedy.THE ACE OF SPACE is not the theatrical Popeye, but a tv episode with the same title, from the sixties series. WHEN MAGOO FLEW is not in Scope. THE EARLY BIRD AND THE WORM is a Harman-Ising from MGM and not a WB ,THE CONDUCTOR'S COURTSHIP must be a Perry because it isn't a Blackhawk. Otherwise my report was accurate!!!!!!!

Yanis Tzortzis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 25, 2010 05:52 AM      Profile for Yanis Tzortzis   Author's Homepage   Email Yanis Tzortzis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
......Takh dear,

a slight correction:White Hell of Pitz Palu wasn't on Ian's list; was just sitting on RAKE (Raj & Keith)Entrp.'s desk eager to be picked up by the first smart buyer who'd have his eyes open enough to spot it [Razz] ....

--------------------
Yannis

Keith Ashfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 25, 2010 07:31 AM      Profile for Keith Ashfield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It was a great weekend for my "beloved" and I.

Gian, I don't know about "spiritual", more like a "virtual" guide. [Wink] You were excellent company, for the whole weekend. Our trip to Windsor on Sunday was very enjoyable (despite me having a "mental block", we did eventually get there, didn't we? [Wink] [Smile] )

I managed to purchase -

"The Selznick Years",
"That's Dancing" in Stereo,
"The Quiet Man" feature in colour, to replace my current one, which is made up of the "best of" two prints (with colour and frame line differences). Also, bought a very nice Elmo Scope/swing bracket for my Kowa lens, from "Uncle Ian" at Perrys.

Definately one of the best conventions of recent years and it must continue (Next year is the 60th).

--------------------
"We'll find 'em in the end, I promise you. We'll find 'em. Just as sure as a turnin' of the earth".

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 25, 2010 09:40 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Keith.
About me:

RIDERS OF THE LOST ARK (16mm)
LITTLE SHOP OF HORRORS (super 8)
THE LITTLE MARMAID trailer #2 (super 8)

--------------------

Keith Ashfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 25, 2010 09:56 AM      Profile for Keith Ashfield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gian, I thought it was the "Beauty and the Beast" Trailer #2 ?

(Let's not forget "The Black Hole" spoof [Big Grin] )

--------------------
"We'll find 'em in the end, I promise you. We'll find 'em. Just as sure as a turnin' of the earth".

Panayotis A. Carayannis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 25, 2010 04:41 PM      Profile for Panayotis A. Carayannis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yanis,my very lucky friend ! ! !
It seems like my myopia is growing along with the advancing Alzheimer's.(So, Dino,I goofed five times, so far...)

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 25, 2010 05:20 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It was indeed. Sorry for the mistake! [Razz]

--------------------

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC