8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Red Fox Article in The Reel Image

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Red Fox Article in The Reel Image
Joe Taffis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 16, 2010 05:47 PM      Profile for Joe Taffis   Email Joe Taffis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I received issue #27 of THE REEL IMAGE today, and was a little disappointed to see that one of the paragraphs in Part 1 of my RED FOX article was incorrectly sandwiched between two other connecting ones... [Roll Eyes] Oh well, these things happen!, and i'm sure you can figure it out. Also, I sent Steve a few spelling corrections, but for some reason they were not made. Namely, mentioning Tom Dunnahoo of THUNDERBIRD FILMS as Tom 'Donahue'. I apologize for this, as I really wanted everything to be accurate.

--------------------
Joe Taffis

|  IP: Logged

John W. Black
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 16, 2010 09:14 PM      Profile for John W. Black   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know of which you speak.Some of my Blackhawk article was jumbled.But hey,As hard as Steve has worked for 8mm,I can't complain.

--------------------
Beat em or burn em,they go up pretty quick

James Wheeler
Junior

- posted June 17, 2010 09:16 AM      Profile for James Wheeler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Do I read this right, you guys write for The Reel Image magazine? If so, how do I get a subscription and do you ever have guest articles? Please email me at wheeler5568 with your response.

Thanks

Wayne Tuell
Master Film Handler

- posted June 17, 2010 10:12 AM      Profile for Wayne Tuell   Author's Homepage   Email Wayne Tuell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
James, you need to CALL and leave a message to get The Reel Image. (937) 296-9036 Steve has email...but as many people know he does not check that often. OR you can mail a post card to Steve at: The Reel Image 2520 Blackhawk RD Kettering, OH 45420

If you ever feel inclined to write a story or review for Steve that is film related he will gladly take it.

Joe, IMHO finding Steve's type-O's are almost as fun as finding the hidden bunny in Playboy [Cool] I just hope he got MY website URL correct this time [Frown]

--------------------
www.16mmDrive-InFilms.com

Joe Taffis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 19, 2010 06:34 PM      Profile for Joe Taffis   Email Joe Taffis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[Wink]

[ January 03, 2011, 02:48 PM: Message edited by: Joe Taffis ]

--------------------
Joe Taffis

Douglas Meltzer

- posted June 19, 2010 11:10 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Still waiting for my copy to arrive!

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

David Kilderry
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 20, 2010 10:57 PM      Profile for David Kilderry   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Me too.

What I like best after reading history and enthusiast articles is the reviews of formerlly released Super 8 films. If I like the sound of them, then I start hunting. Just like reading a new review!

David Kilderry
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 30, 2010 11:10 PM      Profile for David Kilderry   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Joe, I really enjoyed the article in Reel Image. The Red Fox story is very interesting.

I remember the ads for that company in Florida he mentions that was into him for $8,000. That was big money back then, any wonder it was hard to continue when companies like that did not pay their way. It brings many small businesses down.

Can't wait for the next part.

David

James N. Savage 3
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 28, 2010 05:55 PM      Profile for James N. Savage 3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Joe-

I FINALLY got a chance to sit down and read the magazine cover-to-cover. Your Red Fox article is great! Even with the little pargraph mix-up, its still easy reading.

I'm looking forward to part 2!

James.

Joe Taffis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 01, 2010 01:34 PM      Profile for Joe Taffis   Email Joe Taffis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Again, as I stated above, I apologize for the misspelling of Derek Simmonds' name in PART 2 of my RED FOX article in THE REEL IMAGE.

[ January 03, 2011, 02:49 PM: Message edited by: Joe Taffis ]

--------------------
Joe Taffis

James N. Savage 3
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 02, 2010 04:23 PM      Profile for James N. Savage 3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Joe!

Part 2 was JUST as informative and entertaining as part 1 of your article!

In reference to this photo- is that the same location/building where he sold the films from back in the 70's/80's?

James.

Joe Taffis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 02, 2010 05:17 PM      Profile for Joe Taffis   Email Joe Taffis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi James, yes, this is the same location/building that RED FOX FILMS moved to from the house in Gratz.

[ January 03, 2011, 02:49 PM: Message edited by: Joe Taffis ]

--------------------
Joe Taffis

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted December 02, 2010 05:21 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I scribble some babble in Reel-Image for several years, Shorty

Joe Taffis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 02, 2010 05:29 PM      Profile for Joe Taffis   Email Joe Taffis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile]

[ December 05, 2010, 01:52 PM: Message edited by: Joe Taffis ]

--------------------
Joe Taffis

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC