8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Viscount Viewer

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Viscount Viewer
Mike Carro
Junior

- posted August 17, 2010 07:47 PM      Profile for Mike Carro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anybody ever seen one of these one-armed viewers? It's really crazy. It actually works although this one needs some work in forward mechansim. Both reels mount on one shaft. I just came across this on craigslist and bought it. The little lever below the screen moves a prism so you can project on a screen.
 -

|  IP: Logged

Bryan Chernick
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 17, 2010 10:56 PM      Profile for Bryan Chernick   Email Bryan Chernick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So when you crank forward it turns the take-up reel and when you reverse it it turns the feed reel?

Mike Carro
Junior

- posted August 18, 2010 10:13 AM      Profile for Mike Carro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
yeah is has a gear on the winder that's mounted on a cantilever so when you go forward the gear engages the take up, when you go in reverse the friction moves the gear into the feed reel. That's the problem i'm having there's not enough friction to move the gear forward anymore. If you want to see a picture of the mechanism I'll post one.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC