8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Godzilla on Super 8 / Regular 8mm

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Godzilla on Super 8 / Regular 8mm
Douglas W. Warren
Film Handler

- posted August 24, 2010 12:18 AM      Profile for Douglas W. Warren   Email Douglas W. Warren   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Being a fan of Japanese monster movies,does anyone know(besides the Ken Films output)what Godzilla films have been released in Super-8 or Standard 8mm? I seemed to recall that there was a trailer for the original Godzilla film released some years ago.
Any and all information would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
Douglas [Smile]

|  IP: Logged

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted August 24, 2010 01:21 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Douglas, if you are OK with German release, there are so many Godzilla ( and other Japanese monster & science fiction movies) released by Marketing Films and UFA.

Regarding Godzilla, try searching using that word in this forum as it has been discusssed in various threads.

Cheers

--------------------
Winbert

Timothy Price
Master Film Handler

- posted August 24, 2010 07:17 AM      Profile for Timothy Price   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Douglas-

Yeah, me also... I think I have every Kaiju film Ken Films put out. I recently scored a great print of DAM Sound/Color.

Other than the German prints,the only other I've stumbled upon was from Film Office. It was an old 8mm entitle something like: Godzilla, Monster From The Pacific. It was an old French 50 footer. After your post, I'm now wondering if it was just a trailer.

Brad Kimball
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 24, 2010 09:52 PM      Profile for Brad Kimball   Email Brad Kimball   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know the original "Godzilla, King Of The Monsters" was available in S8S from Red Fox some years ago for only a very brief time. I do see prints up for sale on Ebay from time to time, but they usually go for a pretty hefty price by the time the auction ends (several hundreds of dollars). I know it's the american dubbed cut with the Raymond Burr inserts and contained the american title.

Joerg Polzfusz
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 25, 2010 03:40 AM      Profile for Joerg Polzfusz   Author's Homepage   Email Joerg Polzfusz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,

take a look at these threads:
http://8mmforum.film-tech.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=001639
http://8mmforum.film-tech.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=001858

Jörg

Douglas Meltzer

- posted August 25, 2010 07:48 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Douglas,

Here's another thread we had about the big G.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Douglas W. Warren
Film Handler

- posted August 26, 2010 05:11 PM      Profile for Douglas W. Warren   Email Douglas W. Warren   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for all the replies and wow,I never knew about the foreign releases of Godzilla and other Japanese monster movies! Today in the mail I received "Earth vs The Flying Saucers" via eBay.It's 200'Regular 8 /B&W/Silent and I'm looking forward to viewing the print.

Cheers all,
Douglas [Smile]

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC