8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » No-go GOKO TC-301 Telecine rocks but don't roll

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: No-go GOKO TC-301 Telecine rocks but don't roll
Frank Fitzgerald
Junior

- posted September 05, 2010 11:25 AM      Profile for Frank Fitzgerald   Author's Homepage   Email Frank Fitzgerald   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have been given a GOKO TC-301 [super-8] Telecine and, without a manual, am trying to get it working. It can be seen at www.goodlight.net/graphics/GOKO-TC-301.jpg . The machine has a number of issues. To start with:

When I click from "Still" to "Forward," all the visible gears start turning, but the take-up reel remains motionless. Also, when I put it in "Reverse," the supply reel does not move. I have opened up the arms and the pulleys inside each are intact and seem taut; however, their wheels do not turn when the device is put in Forward or Reverse.

1. Is there a switch somewhere to activate the take-up and supply reels? Or is there something else I am overlooking?

2. Do I have it threaded properly?

3. At http://www.goodlight.net/graphics/gokoArms2.png you can see additional issues. Though the center hole in a super-8 reel is 1/2" diameter, the take-up hub on this Goko allows for a 9/16" wide reel. And the supply hub is not round and only 5/16" diameter at its widest point. Reels do not sit securely on either hub. Any theories?

|  IP: Logged

Craig Hamilton
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 05, 2010 11:52 AM      Profile for Craig Hamilton     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Frank, try opening the back of the machine and see if the drive belt is intact.

Craig

--------------------
I dream of becoming a dealer!!!!!!
Is Perry's Movies for Sale.

John Skujins
Expert Film Handler

- posted September 05, 2010 11:53 AM      Profile for John Skujins   Email John Skujins   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The supply arm hub is for Regular 8 as it is. You should have a plastic adapter to go over that for Super 8. That's how it is for my non-motorized Goko.

Frank Fitzgerald
Junior

- posted September 05, 2010 04:11 PM      Profile for Frank Fitzgerald   Author's Homepage   Email Frank Fitzgerald   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What screws need to be removed to get back off? There are screws along the sides and 6 toward the center of the back. One of the philipps screws on the bottom started stripping. I doubt I'll get it off.

Frank Fitzgerald
Junior

- posted September 07, 2010 01:35 PM      Profile for Frank Fitzgerald   Author's Homepage   Email Frank Fitzgerald   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Curiously, a plate on the side says, "TELECINE PLAYER TC-301/302." TC-302 is regular 8mm. I assume this is probably a plate the company just used for either machine. OTOH, the supply reel does fit regular 8.
Unless it turns out there is some way to get this machine to actually process regular-8, I'd just like to get it working normally to sell.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC