8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Keystone K-100 problems...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Keystone K-100 problems...
Zach Von Joo
Film Handler

- posted September 13, 2010 09:16 PM      Profile for Zach Von Joo   Email Zach Von Joo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey there,

This is my first posting on this forum, thanks for having me- I have plenty of interest and many film-related questions...! My first is... I've had this Keystone projector for a while. It began to have an issue with the knob (rwnd-off-fwd-reverse-still) where it would stick occasionally. This got worse and worse. I am not really that handy with old devices- I have changed/repaired projector belts & done only cleaning/oiling/light-maintenance in the past. I wrongfully imagined that a little cleaning & lubrication would help-

1) When attempting to clean the area around the knob I removed a very small screw with a hex wrench from an inner knob that allows the speed to be adjusted. This screw now will not thread properly, it goes about half-way & comes to a dead stop.

2) The knob sticking appears to be a mechanical issue. I've been trying to get to the area behind the knob (on the inside of the projector where it switches) without taking too much apart. Any thoughts on this? Has anyone had a similar problem?

I realize it may be a lost cause & that my time might be better spent by ditching the projector. I just hate throwing things away & enjoy fixing them if possible! If I cannot fix this guy if anyone wants a Keystone K-100 projector for parts (who can pick up in SF) let me know.

Thanks! Z.

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC