8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Goodwill Projector SCORE & Question...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Goodwill Projector SCORE & Question...
Timothy Price
Master Film Handler

- posted September 15, 2010 01:11 PM      Profile for Timothy Price   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey all-

I found a Minolta Sound 6000 Super 8 Projector at Goodwill. It has the original box, lens cap, projector cover, power chord and even a splicer! Bulb and Sound both work great, plus it has a regular 1/4 output jack for an external sound source! All this for 30 bucks! However...

The films are playing a bit slow. The frame button is set to 24 and other than that I'm not sure how to speed it up. Don't know if it needs a new belt or a repair job or if I should just put it on eBay [Confused]

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Tim

|  IP: Logged

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted September 15, 2010 01:57 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
well,

The good news is the belts are available:

Belts on E-bay

It would be good to pop off the cover and see what's going on in there.

Something to try is to let the machine run for a while without film and see if things loosen up. It also may be the last stand for those old belts if they really are cruddy.

There's a thread down below where we discuss reviving a dormant Elmo ST-1200. A lot of it will apply here too.

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Timothy Price
Master Film Handler

- posted September 15, 2010 03:17 PM      Profile for Timothy Price   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Steve- I'm gonna go run the machine for a bit!

Douglas W. Warren
Film Handler

- posted September 16, 2010 01:24 PM      Profile for Douglas W. Warren   Email Douglas W. Warren   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Tim,
Sounds like you made a great score and I hope the speed issue is resolved. Looks like I need to start checking out my local Goodwill store!

Cheers,
Douglas
[Smile]

Timothy Price
Master Film Handler

- posted September 17, 2010 07:10 AM      Profile for Timothy Price   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Love Goodwill!

This was a true find! I asked if I could borrow a power chord to test it and they came out with the original box filled with all the accessories!

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC