8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Ken Films "Flight of the Phoenix" Question.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ken Films "Flight of the Phoenix" Question.
Douglas W. Warren
Film Handler

- posted September 16, 2010 12:57 PM      Profile for Douglas W. Warren   Email Douglas W. Warren   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When I started collecting back in the late 80's,one the first sound movies I bought was the Ken Films 200'edition of "Flight of the Phoenix" starring James Stewart.

Considering the short running time,I thought it was well edited and remained one of my favorite 200' reels. Has anyone on the forum ever owned the 400'edition,and if so,how much did it differ from the 200'version?

Cheers all,
Douglas [Smile]

|  IP: Logged

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted September 16, 2010 04:14 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Never knew there was a PHOENIX Sound edition in 200'

Patrick Walsh
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 16, 2010 04:18 PM      Profile for Patrick Walsh   Email Patrick Walsh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have the 400ft edition, it is one of the best Ken Films digests I have seen, the picture quality is very good but thus the colour has faded, has nice booming sound as well.

--------------------
"Raise The Titanic!", It would of been cheaper to lower the Atlantic!

Douglas W. Warren
Film Handler

- posted September 16, 2010 06:31 PM      Profile for Douglas W. Warren   Email Douglas W. Warren   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Shorty,it was released in 200' B&W Silent, 200' & 400' color/sound. I got my copy in 1986 when Derann was selling remaining stocks of Ken Films digests. Patrick,thanks for the comment though sorry to hear the color has faded in your copy. I hope to find either the 200' or 400' color/sound reel again. And agreed,the sound was very good on the copy I owned as well.

Cheers,
Douglas [Smile]

Patrick Walsh
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 17, 2010 12:34 AM      Profile for Patrick Walsh   Email Patrick Walsh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
nice box art-work as well [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Raise The Titanic!", It would of been cheaper to lower the Atlantic!

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted September 17, 2010 08:06 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have the 400' color-sound, but was unaware a 200' was around - My color print still maintains some of it's original lustre, fortunately - I'd like to get RAINS OF RANCIPUR also

Mark L Barton
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 20, 2010 10:36 AM      Profile for Mark L Barton     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes I had the 400' of Phonix, great film and features the song Senza Fine which was again used in the recent horror film, Ghost ship. Anyway just wanted to say that some of the box art work of the fox/ken films was awful. Look at the cover of The Poseidon Adventure, it looks like it was traced and then coloured in using felt tips. If only they could have produced the cover quality of Universal 8 etc Will these comments ruffle feathers?

Mark Williams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 20, 2010 11:01 AM      Profile for Mark Williams   Email Mark Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes the box art was very crude and cheap looking but still very eye catchimg all the same.

It didnt stop us forking out £30 quid a time though [Smile]

Andreas Chmielewski
Expert Film Handler

- posted December 01, 2010 03:26 PM      Profile for Andreas Chmielewski   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i have the full lengh Version from Ken Film....very rare

-

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC