8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Euming 807 D question lamp

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Euming 807 D question lamp
Jorge Rondao
Film Handler

- posted October 09, 2010 07:00 PM      Profile for Jorge Rondao   Author's Homepage   Email Jorge Rondao   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Can I use a lamp 12v 100w in a projector Euming 807D without problems to burn anything, or due to the limit of projector 145W, can only use the 75W?
Regards

--------------------
Lets show another movie

|  IP: Logged

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted October 09, 2010 09:00 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Jorge,

The thing to do is locate the code for the lamp the projector is designed for: either on the machine, or on the existing lamp or in the manual.

Apparently the 807D takes either the EFN (12V, 75W) or the EFP (12V,100W) so from the 'net it's impossible to figure out which one yours takes. From what I am seeing one would fit where the other fits. The safe bet is the EFN, but the EFP will put up a little brighter picture. It's probably OK to put in an EFP in a machine meant for an EFN, but unfortunately once you overheat the transformer because the windings weren't heavy enough or blow the lamp because there wasn't enough cooling air it's too late to say "maybe not".

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

frank arnstein
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 10, 2010 06:41 AM      Profile for frank arnstein   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
On the back of the projector is a small ID plate which shows the lamp specs. It will say either 12v 100w or 12v 75w on the plate. Use what is the right one for the 807d machine you have.

This is what I found when I tried messing around with Eumig 807d projectors & their different lamps.
If you put a 100w lamp in place of the correct 75w lamp it will still work but be much dimmer than usual & be dissappointing.
If you put a 75w lamp in place of the 100w correct one, it will be very bright but will blow the lamp filament very quickly.

So refer to the plate & use exactly whats stated there.

--------------------
At Projector Heaven the Focus is always on Detail.

____
[o:/o]<|=- dogtor@projectorheaven.com.au
//``\\
-----------------------------------------------

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted October 10, 2010 01:14 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Frank,

Are you sure you don't have your "75"s and your "100"s reversed there?

--------------------

Jorge Rondao
Film Handler

- posted October 10, 2010 03:22 PM      Profile for Jorge Rondao   Author's Homepage   Email Jorge Rondao   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Frank, well my doubts is was even though the manual says to use 75W, wanted a bit more brightness, but I also thought he lost in the power and force it to dimmer.
It is best not to change and maintain 75W.
Thanks all
Regards

--------------------
Lets show another movie

frank arnstein
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 10, 2010 03:47 PM      Profile for frank arnstein   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Steve
I am trying to recall the results of the Eumig 807d lamp swap test. It was done some months ago & perhaps I have quoted it the wrong way around. I arent quite sure now but I think it was a dimmer light when using the 100w lamp in place of the 75w one.
The important point I make is that its best to use the correct lamp thats listed on the ID plate.
dogtor

--------------------
At Projector Heaven the Focus is always on Detail.

____
[o:/o]<|=- dogtor@projectorheaven.com.au
//``\\
-----------------------------------------------

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted October 10, 2010 05:03 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We agree: the right lamp in the right place.

Here's how I see it.

A 12V, 75W lamp will produce 75W of light (and mostly heat) in a 12V socket.

A 12V, 100W lamp will produce 100W of light (and mostly heat) in a 12V socket.

A 12V, 75W lamp in a projector designed for a 12V, 100W lamp will have more than sufficient cooling but will seem relatively dim. The extra cooling will give a longer life than what it would have in a 75W max. machine.

A 12V, 100W lamp in a projector designed for a 12V, 75W lamp will (or may) have less than sufficient cooling but will seem relatively bright. (-maybe very briefly)

There's also the thing of can the lamp circuit in the 75W projector deliver 100/75 times as much current and last a long time(....maybe.) If the 100W bulb is really dimming it means that circuit is loading down and a lot of extra power is being radiated there as heat: watch out!

Like the question "How much does it hurt to whack my forehead with a mallet?", this question is probably best left unanswered.

--------------------

David Donaldson
Junior

- posted March 25, 2017 07:15 AM      Profile for David Donaldson   Author's Homepage   Email David Donaldson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It is mysterious about the 75w and the 100w. Is there a difference in models within 807D that requires this difference in lamps? Did it begin with exports to different countries? Or change during the production life?
Don's Bulbs lists both kinds of lamps for 807D but does not point to an equipment difference. How European of Eumig to cause such differences for no good apparent reason.

--------------------
filmart-dd

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 25, 2017 08:30 AM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The reason a 100w lamp in a 75 w model could be dimmer is that the transformer core could be magnetically saturated and not transfer the amount of power needed. Early remote controlled theatrical dimmers were "Saturated reactor" ones that worked on this principle a remote current through a separate winding produced the effect.

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted March 25, 2017 12:54 PM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I bought a new Eumig 807D in the 70s because with its 75 watt lamp it was cheaper than the 810D. I used it for many years, often in church halls, etc., and never had cause to think the lamp was inadequate.
The dealer said "don't put a 100 watt lamp in it" and I always took his advice.

--------------------
Maurice

Will Trenfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 25, 2017 09:07 PM      Profile for Will Trenfield   Email Will Trenfield   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Putting in a 100 watt bulb in a projector designed for a 75 watt one would lead to increased load on the transformer for which it might not be designed. Unless you like the smell of burning, don't do it.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC