8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Eumig Mark S Super 8 question

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Eumig Mark S Super 8 question
Barry Fritz
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 15, 2010 11:08 PM      Profile for Barry Fritz   Email Barry Fritz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've recently acquired a Eumig Mark S Super 8 projector. I don't have the manual. Can anyone tell me the purpose of the square red button on the left side of the projector? It will stay depressed when the projector is in the run position. Thanks

|  IP: Logged

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted October 15, 2010 11:20 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It sounds like the recording button.

When this is depressed in "run", it will record a signal on the sound stripe...and erase whatever was recorded there before.

(Careful!)

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Jorge Rondao
Film Handler

- posted October 16, 2010 04:18 AM      Profile for Jorge Rondao   Author's Homepage   Email Jorge Rondao   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tell me the model and i send you a pdf manual. Regards

--------------------
Lets show another movie

Barry Fritz
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 16, 2010 11:33 AM      Profile for Barry Fritz   Email Barry Fritz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jorge: This one does not have a model number, it is just the Mark S Super 8. It looks exactly like the Mark S 701 and 709. Manuals for either of these would likely work. If you check here, you can see it is listed: http://www.super8data.com/

Thanks!

Martin Jones
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 16, 2010 11:49 AM      Profile for Martin Jones     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This has exactly the same mechanism as the 700 and 800 machines. The red button at the rear IS the RECORD button.... press and hold it in before you switch to Forward Run and it will stay in until you switch the machine to Stop.
While it is in, the Record amplifier will be operational and the old recording will Erase.
If you press it in during Playback you risk erasing the existing track for as long as you hold it in.

--------------------
Retired TV Service Engineer
Ongoing interest in Telecine....

Barry Fritz
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 16, 2010 01:22 PM      Profile for Barry Fritz   Email Barry Fritz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Martin. When autothreading, as the film comes out the bottom of the film gate, it does not feed into the slot that would take it across the sound head and to the rear reel. Is there some trick I am missing?

Martin Jones
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 16, 2010 03:28 PM      Profile for Martin Jones     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not that familiar with the film path, just the drive mechanism and electronics.Possibly the problem is insufficient curl in the leader, but over to someone more familiar with this one!
Martin

--------------------
Retired TV Service Engineer
Ongoing interest in Telecine....

Jorge Rondao
Film Handler

- posted October 16, 2010 07:13 PM      Profile for Jorge Rondao   Author's Homepage   Email Jorge Rondao   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Barry, i dont have this one manual but you can down the similar in the "MANUALS", see in euming series 800

Regards

--------------------
Lets show another movie

Barry Fritz
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 16, 2010 07:46 PM      Profile for Barry Fritz   Email Barry Fritz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I checked the manuals section previously and the projectors there for the Eumigs aren't remotely close to the projector I have. For some reason, only the 701 and 709 (which are the same) look like mine. I'm not loosing sleep over this, it's only one of about 50 projectors I have, and I think I am going to auction it off anyway.

John W. Black
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 16, 2010 08:30 PM      Profile for John W. Black   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It is not an auto thread machine other than the sprokets.From that point on,you must thread it through the rest of the way manuelly.Leave a small loop.There will be a guide on the machine to show you how much to loop it.

--------------------
Beat em or burn em,they go up pretty quick

Barry Fritz
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 16, 2010 09:04 PM      Profile for Barry Fritz   Email Barry Fritz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Aha! Thanks John. That makes sense.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC