8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Steve Osborne ( Reel Image) Situation

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Steve Osborne ( Reel Image) Situation
Gary Crawford
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 10, 2010 01:27 PM      Profile for Gary Crawford     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Steve called me this morning to ask me to convey his apologies for any slow deliveries of orders the last 10 days...and the delay in getting the magazine out. He had a double whammy..with his mother having an accident and having to take care of her and her situation , PLUS he himself has come down with a pretty serious virus that could produce pneumonia if he doesn't do what the doctors say and do nothing for a few days and take his medicine. He had pneumonia about a year and a half ago or so...and it laid him out for two weeks...and affected him for months. So that's why orders from his latest used list have been slow to be filled. And he asks our patience as he recovers. He works a touch regular job, takes care of home and family matters AND SPENDS another 3 to 5 hours a day sometimes running the Reel Image. No wonder he's ill.

|  IP: Logged

Claus Harding
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 10, 2010 04:56 PM      Profile for Claus Harding   Email Claus Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gary,

Thank you for updating us on that. Poor man! I really hope everything will be ok. I know he probably doesn't have the time to check right now, but I will give him a call and leave my best wishes on his answering machine.
He is such a joy to talk to, and such a great supporter of our hobby; we should all have his energy.

Claus.

--------------------
"Why are there shots of deserts in a scene that's supposed to take place in Belgium during the winter?" (Review of 'Battle of the Bulge'.)

John W. Black
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 10, 2010 10:47 PM      Profile for John W. Black   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
He's one of the best.He did so much to keep 8mm alive especially,pre internet.When no one else cared about 8mm,he was still plugging away.

--------------------
Beat em or burn em,they go up pretty quick

Gary Brocklehurst
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 11, 2010 03:28 AM      Profile for Gary Brocklehurst   Email Gary Brocklehurst   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My best wishes also go out to Steve, a true gentleman, who I have dealt with for many, many, years. Get well soon ..

James N. Savage 3
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 11, 2010 05:17 AM      Profile for James N. Savage 3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for posting that info Gary Crawford!

Yes, I second all the things said here. I've been dealing with Steve for over 20 years, and he really raises the bar on so many levels. I'll keep him and his family in my prayers.

James.

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted November 11, 2010 05:33 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Having worked deals with Steve, writing for him and being a close friend, I hope for his recovery and that of his Mom - Steve, you ARE the BEST - Shorty

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted November 11, 2010 05:55 AM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
All the best for Steve and his Mom. You will both be in my prayers. Steve is a class act all the way.

Spencer Bradley
Film Handler

- posted November 17, 2010 06:12 PM      Profile for Spencer Bradley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Steve is a very trusting guy. I had never done business with him before and I faxed in an order last week and never heard back a total or anything and today on my door step was the order. There wasn't an invoice or anything inside. Tomorrow I'm going to fax him again and ask how much I owe him. It's rare these days for someone to trust someone they have never dealt with before.

John Hourigan
Master Film Handler

- posted November 17, 2010 09:01 PM      Profile for John Hourigan   Email John Hourigan       Edit/Delete Post 
They don't make 'em any better than Steve, that's for sure!

Douglas Meltzer

- posted November 19, 2010 05:01 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I spoke with Steve today. He's doing better, but a full recovery is a few weeks away. Nevertheless, he expects to get the next issue of The Reel Image out in a week or so.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted November 19, 2010 06:04 PM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great news. Thx for update Doug.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC