8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Replacing belts on a Minolta ound 6000

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Replacing belts on a Minolta ound 6000
Timothy Price
Master Film Handler

- posted December 21, 2010 04:57 PM      Profile for Timothy Price   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Motor belt-No Problem.

Long take up reel belt- Hmmmm....

I thought I had I had it, but it was going in the wrong direction! Can't seem to be able to get any of the components out of the way for a closer look.

Any help, much appreciated!

Tim

|  IP: Logged

Dave Schmidt
Junior

- posted December 21, 2010 06:00 PM      Profile for Dave Schmidt   Email Dave Schmidt   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
have you tried giving the belt 1/2 a twist. This would reverse the direction.

Jon Addams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 21, 2010 07:30 PM      Profile for Jon Addams     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tim,

The belt goes straight from back to front (no twists).

Unfortunately you need to unscrew the electronic board in the front and two cogs behind it before you can install the belt correctly. It’s not difficult.

I hope this helps

Jon

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted December 22, 2010 03:04 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I got a similar problem too with my Minolta 7100. The belt on back spool is not turning (It will turn if I make a little push direct to the belt).

I don't know how to change the belt.

Any input?

--------------------
Winbert

Timothy Price
Master Film Handler

- posted December 23, 2010 07:25 AM      Profile for Timothy Price   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
All right- I'm going in!

I'll Let you know how it works out!

Timothy Price
Master Film Handler

- posted December 23, 2010 12:47 PM      Profile for Timothy Price   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
All right, getting the circuit board free was easy- I am however having trouble removing the cog that the belt needs to go behind.

I can see if I take it off, I should be able to slip the belt right on. I cannot get the clip (U Clip?) off that holds it in place! It's a teeny little clip and it's kicking my butt!

UGH and Help!

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC