8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Elmo K100 SM (dual gauge), sound or silent?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Elmo K100 SM (dual gauge), sound or silent?
Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted January 18, 2011 04:03 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi all,

I am a bit confused two webiste say this is a SILENT projector:

http://super8wiki.com/index.php/Elmo_K-100_SM_Projector

and

http://super8data.com/database/projectors_list/projectors_elmo/elmo_k100sm.htm

but the below photo shows a "note" sign which usually means for sound:

-

So is this sound or silent?

thanks

--------------------
Winbert

|  IP: Logged

Dave Schmidt
Junior

- posted January 18, 2011 04:18 PM      Profile for Dave Schmidt   Email Dave Schmidt   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cine Information also has it listed as silent. If you look at the 110 SM - the cover is almost identical, with out the "note" mark by the switch. Unless somebody chimes in that has one,,,I would say it is silent.

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted January 18, 2011 04:52 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And the button on the top of switch... does it seem like a volume button? [Confused]

--------------------
Winbert

Douglas Meltzer

- posted January 18, 2011 05:00 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Winbert,

That third position on the main control knob is used if you have connected a cassette recorder's remote jack to the rear socket on the projector. Turning the knob to this position would automatically start the cassette recorder playing. No sync pulse here, just a remote "on" switch.

Above that knob is the motor speed control. The K-100 has variable speeds of approximately 14 to 24 fps. The red lever on the bottom right puts the projector into slow motion mode.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Clinton Hunt
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 19, 2016 07:54 PM      Profile for Clinton Hunt   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know it's been a few years since this original post but one has just been listed here in New Zealand on Trademe and I had the same questions about sound or silent etc.
Once again this forum has been invaluable to me!

--------------------
Cheers from me in New Zealand :-)

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC