8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » INFO NEEDED: ADAMO cartoon by AVO films with Greek Sound!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: INFO NEEDED: ADAMO cartoon by AVO films with Greek Sound!
Ilias Sifakis
Film Handler

- posted February 02, 2011 03:45 AM      Profile for Ilias Sifakis   Email Ilias Sifakis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello everyone,

Since i'm a new collector, i'm naturally searching the city and its "flea" markets for films of any kind.
Last Sunday I found a guy who has a big lot of films.
Unfortunatelly they are all the same lot.

Its a cartoon by AVO Films, Milano, called "ADAMO".
The interesting part is that it is dubbed in Greek language. No subtitles, but Greek voice over.

First of all, I couldn't find any information not even for the cartoon itself. Was it published in Italy or was in a Greek only release?

I found 4 episodes, seems like the complete series. There are two different box artwork layouts, but the stamps on the side of the box state 4 different episodes.

Tomorrow, I'll set up my projector and will try to take some shots of the film running.
For now i'm attaching a photo of the boxes.
 -

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
ilias

|  IP: Logged

Carlos Paz
Junior

- posted February 02, 2011 07:18 AM      Profile for Carlos Paz   Email Carlos Paz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Those cartoon were created by Marco Pagot, in the 70's. It's the same creator of Calimero and "Don Porfirio and Pepe", released both also on super8.

Here is an interview with Pagot: http://guide.supereva.it/cartoni_animati/interventi/2006/04/252319.shtml

And an episode in youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nC_2uUI1EdA

As you can see they're educational cartoons.

Bye

Carlos

Antonis Galanakis
Expert Film Handler

- posted February 02, 2011 02:26 PM      Profile for Antonis Galanakis   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great info Carlos!
Congratulations for the rare finding Ilia! My wish is to meet each other soon and project those films to us.

Ilias Sifakis
Film Handler

- posted February 02, 2011 05:45 PM      Profile for Ilias Sifakis   Email Ilias Sifakis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello guys,

thanks for the info Carlos!!

Antonis, we should meet of course! and as for the find, if you want we can get you a set of 4. [Wink]

Antonis Galanakis
Expert Film Handler

- posted February 03, 2011 03:09 AM      Profile for Antonis Galanakis   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
One more link.
http://www.ibs.it/code/9788861233669/zzz99-fiori-f-pagot/art-of-pagot-la.html

Panayotis A. Carayannis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 04, 2011 03:19 PM      Profile for Panayotis A. Carayannis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, neighbor
I'll join you at the screening! The greek voiceover narration was most probably done by the importer of the films in Greece.Something similar, if I remember correctly, was done with a bunch of Technofilm Warner Bros cartoons.

Antonis Galanakis
Expert Film Handler

- posted February 06, 2011 10:26 AM      Profile for Antonis Galanakis   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Panagioti (Master) Karagianni you are always welcome

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC