8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Wurker splicer blades

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Wurker splicer blades
Phil Slater
Expert Film Handler

- posted March 14, 2011 04:22 PM      Profile for Phil Slater     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone know where I can buy a blade for a Wurker splicer? I've had my splicer for about 20 years, and it's just stopped cutting through polyester film. I think it needs a new blade.

Thanks

|  IP: Logged

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted March 14, 2011 09:20 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I can't answer the question - it might be difficult to get one. However, I once had the same problem with polyestar films after using ones for years. I eventually discovered that the problem wasn't that the blade was blunt, it was that the blade wasn't making perfect contact with the metal plate below it. I then made a tiny adjustment and it was fine. I'm not certain what I did as it was some years ago, but it probably involved loosening the screws below the metal plate and moving it very slightly in the direction of where the blade comes down.

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Wayne Tuell
Master Film Handler

- posted March 15, 2011 12:53 AM      Profile for Wayne Tuell   Author's Homepage   Email Wayne Tuell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
do you have a picture or description of the blades? It is a long shot but my friend found some blades in his old splicing table that he does not recall what they are for.

--------------------
www.16mmDrive-InFilms.com

David Erskine
Expert Film Handler

- posted March 15, 2011 05:26 AM      Profile for David Erskine   Email David Erskine   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a vague feeling that I had a pal make a couple. I'll have a look in the next few days, and if I find one I'll let you know. If you then want it, it'll cost you postage from UK!!!!!
Cheers,David E

--------------------
I've NEVER let failure go to MY head!

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted March 15, 2011 07:14 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wayne. Here is a picture of my splicer showing the blade and two locating screws which I hope helps Phil. Some years ago I had my blade professionally sharpened as spare blades dried up. Unlike the Bonum splicer you cannot use pencil sharpener blades to replace.
 -

Wayne Tuell
Master Film Handler

- posted March 15, 2011 11:42 AM      Profile for Wayne Tuell   Author's Homepage   Email Wayne Tuell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Lee, does this look like what you use?

Here is a not so clear picture my friend sent me. The blades are 5/15" tall, 1" long, and the little holes are 1/2" apart.
 -

--------------------
www.16mmDrive-InFilms.com

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted March 15, 2011 11:51 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Wayne
Screws are 9/16 apart
Just over 1/2 inch deep
1" long

Gary Crawford
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 16, 2011 08:01 AM      Profile for Gary Crawford     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Steve Osborne of the Reel Image asked me to chirp in here and let you know he's got those blades for sale. Your best bet is to call him in Kettering , Ohio...USA 937-296-9036.....you might try his email..but he doesn't check it that often..
thereelimage_043A@yahoo.com good luck.

Phil Slater
Expert Film Handler

- posted March 16, 2011 06:52 PM      Profile for Phil Slater     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for all the advice. It's great to know there's help out there.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC