8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Shipping films from U.S. to U.K.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Shipping films from U.S. to U.K.
Gregory S. Coad
Film Handler

- posted March 27, 2011 10:44 AM      Profile for Gregory S. Coad     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have looked at U.S.P.S, UPS, and fed-ex websites and they all have too much information. I just want to ship cheapest way possible. Does anyone have experience in this area? I need to get an idea of what I can expect for cost. Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks!

|  IP: Logged

Joe Taffis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 27, 2011 11:17 AM      Profile for Joe Taffis   Email Joe Taffis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hi Gregory, it's really not too complicated. On the USPS home page click "calculate postage" on the red bar at the top of the page, next frame choose "calculate International postage" and click "go". Next, select your destination from the "drop down" list, select "package", and enter an approximate weight in pounds and ounces. From there you should get to the list of prices according to the type of service you want to use. Not too hard [Wink] An alternative is to take a few boxed packages to your post office and get approximate costs from a window clerk. It also involves filling out a very easy customs slip for each package. In my experience, the U.S. Postal Service has the cheapest rates to ship to foreign countries.

--------------------
Joe Taffis

Gregory S. Coad
Film Handler

- posted March 27, 2011 01:03 PM      Profile for Gregory S. Coad     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Joe - Thanks for your input. I like to keep things simple. Your explanation kind of boils it down to the basics.

Thank You for your time.

Richard C Patchett
Master Film Handler

- posted March 27, 2011 05:26 PM      Profile for Richard C Patchett   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Greetings Gregory
I ship all over the country. USPS is the best by far.
I ship many parts to the UK with no problem. Just takes a little practice on the custom forms but well worth it.
I shiped a package to Austraila. From Michigan and it only took less then 1 week and that was sent by 1st class Mail.
Hope this helps..
RC

--------------------
RC’s Classic Collection
16 mm Parts & Service
Elmo, Eiki, Bell & Howell +
http://www.rcsclassic16mm.com/

Gregory S. Coad
Film Handler

- posted March 27, 2011 06:02 PM      Profile for Gregory S. Coad     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Richard,

Yes, your information helps a lot! You have given me encouragement.

Thank you so much!

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC