8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Anybody got any information on this?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Anybody got any information on this?
Caleb Sommerville
Junior

- posted April 03, 2011 04:19 PM      Profile for Caleb Sommerville   Email Caleb Sommerville   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bought this camera at a local thrift store and cannot for the life of me find any info on the internet about it.
Anyone here have a clue?
http://imgur.com/sClZK

|  IP: Logged

Claus Harding
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 04, 2011 12:24 AM      Profile for Claus Harding   Email Claus Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Caleb, welcome to the site.

As for the camera, well, it's a Keystone... [Big Grin]

Based on Google/Ebay, I am guessing it's a K808 (it should say above the lens.)
Standard-8 film, springwound drive. Don't overcrank the spring if you wind it up.

Yes, you can still get standard-8 film.
Let us know if it runs and otherwise behaves nicely [Smile]

Claus.

--------------------
"Why are there shots of deserts in a scene that's supposed to take place in Belgium during the winter?" (Review of 'Battle of the Bulge'.)

Kirkamus Anderson
Film Handler

- posted April 04, 2011 06:25 PM      Profile for Kirkamus Anderson   Email Kirkamus Anderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yep, most def reel to reel flip flop 8mm.

If you want to start shooting film I'd reccomend get an Canon 310 or 514. You can get them for $20 or less on ebay or thrift stores and they take newer super8 film cartridges.

I shy away from std 8 because of the flipping and threading and splitting after developing. wow! sounds like a song!

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted April 04, 2011 07:17 PM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow! I had one of these when I first got into 8mm. This was my 1st camera. If you unscrew the handle and mount it on a tripod the little lever is your trigger, the red hole is a window to show how much film you used. Thw long lever snaps out and is for winding the spring. You have to flip flop the film in a dark area or in a black bag. You have to feel you way around in the dark or the film gets exposed. I still have some color films I made with this camera. And the color is still good. I forgot what the switch is for under the lens? Film speed maybe. Have fun!

Pat DAlessio

Caleb Sommerville
Junior

- posted April 04, 2011 08:15 PM      Profile for Caleb Sommerville   Email Caleb Sommerville   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It only says K-8 Deluxe above the lens, which, when googled, gives me a 1930s-era camera.

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted April 04, 2011 11:39 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
It only says K-8 Deluxe above the lens, which, when googled, gives me a 1930s-era camera.
It is Keystone, a cheap camera.

Nothing special here. I guess if you put it on Ebay, it will worth below $10.

Here is the list of Keystone cameras from 2 website:

http://super8wiki.com/index.php?title=Category:Cameras&from=GAF+110

http://super8data.com/database/cameras_list/cameras_list.htm

cheers,

--------------------
Winbert

Nathan DeHahn
Film Handler

- posted April 05, 2011 06:40 AM      Profile for Nathan DeHahn   Email Nathan DeHahn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You can flip load under subdued light, it will not damage the film only the leaders. I have done that many times, it will be fine. [Smile]

--------------------
Kodachrome Kid

Colin Auty
Film Handler

- posted April 05, 2011 07:53 AM      Profile for Colin Auty   Email Colin Auty   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi
the Keystone K8 (OR K8 C Zoom) were manufactured in 1936 , your picture would suggest the camera is the model K810 ZOOM - the collectors value $40 - though can be purchased for less on ebay.
Have fun..

Thomas Dafnides
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 08, 2011 11:24 PM      Profile for Thomas Dafnides     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This camera appears to be from 1958-1963 era. I would guess close to 1962.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC