8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » GEPE Non-Rewind Reel

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: GEPE Non-Rewind Reel
Bryan Chernick
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 08, 2011 09:57 PM      Profile for Bryan Chernick   Email Bryan Chernick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I ran across this on ebay.

GEPE NON-REWIND REEL

Has anyone seen or used one of these? Not that I want it, I'm just confused as to how it works.

|  IP: Logged

Edwin van Eck
Master Film Handler

- posted November 25, 2015 09:40 AM      Profile for Edwin van Eck   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For continues projection of a film (in a loop).
E.g. ideal for exhibitions

- Only useable on super8 projectors with sprockets!
(for sprocketless projectors, there is to much tension on the film)

- The reel-size is 120m. But in reality you can use only short films (max about 10 minute), otherwise the strain on the film becomes to big.

Instruction movie:
https://vimeo.com/90331226

for sale at: http://shop.van-eck.net/film-supplies/8mm-reels/p-1a/SF-0309.html

--------------------
Edwin van Eck
Van Eck Video Services

Clinton Hunt
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 26, 2015 05:31 AM      Profile for Clinton Hunt   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well I ended up with one of these reels last year and put it in the "how does this work" pile!
That video explains how it works clealy.
Cheers [Smile]

--------------------
Cheers from me in New Zealand :-)

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted November 26, 2015 11:56 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Same for me, Clinton ;-) I will have to wait until it comes out of the box where it is to try it.

--------------------
Dominique

Edwin van Eck
Master Film Handler

- posted November 26, 2015 12:02 PM      Profile for Edwin van Eck   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I used this non-rewind reel in a fair (Fotografica fair in the Netherlands) to play a cartoon in a constant loop for the young visitors. The film played the whole day without problems.

If you want to use it, take some time to practice with it, as it is not trivial to use. The first time on a Eumig 610D projector, but as this was sprocketless, it did not work. After that on a Chinon 8000 projector (with sprockets) and then it worked fine.

--------------------
Edwin van Eck
Van Eck Video Services

Martin Jones
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 26, 2015 12:54 PM      Profile for Martin Jones     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a couple of these(new), at present in store with my furniture,which I am prepared to sell after I move into my new abode next week.
Martin

--------------------
Retired TV Service Engineer
Ongoing interest in Telecine....

Paul Browning
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 26, 2015 07:20 PM      Profile for Paul Browning   Email Paul Browning   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi martin, reserve me one of your gepe continuous loop reels please. Let me know when you are sorted in the move and we can sort out payment to you. Thank you.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC