8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Sankyo Film (Leader) Trimmer Cut Question

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sankyo Film (Leader) Trimmer Cut Question
Joe Balitzki
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 02, 2011 06:53 AM      Profile for Joe Balitzki   Email Joe Balitzki   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What kind of cut does this make?
#1 \_/
or
#2 a curve like a fingernail clipper

I am looking at a Sankyo 800 but it doesn't come with the trimmer. Those are the 2 cuts that I have trimmers for. I am wondering if one will work with it.

--------------------
Movie Lovers Do It in the Dark

|  IP: Logged

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted August 02, 2011 07:38 AM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Joe

Mine cuts like #1.

Pat

Antonis Galanakis
Expert Film Handler

- posted August 02, 2011 09:05 AM      Profile for Antonis Galanakis   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have two B&H DCT Filmosonic. They are exactly the same (clones) of the Sankyo 800. They both came with this film cutter.

-

-

Joe Balitzki
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 02, 2011 10:34 PM      Profile for Joe Balitzki   Email Joe Balitzki   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the information Guys!
I am putting a deposit on a Sankyo 800 shortly and can use the Eumig Trimmer with it -- which I had to purchase because it didn't come with the projector; I was lucky to find one that was new old stock.

--------------------

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted August 02, 2011 10:50 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I trim my leaders with the Elmo (semicircular) trimmer. Years ago I noticed that my Eumig machine accepted the Elmo cut, but the Elmo wouldn't take the Eumig cut (angled: like #1).

I guess you might say that since the Elmo wouldn't compromise, it won!

I guess you cut it whichever way is going to cause you to retrim as little as possible. If nothing else it's a pain and leaves these inch long scraps of film that seem to show up everywhere in this house. (How on Earth do they get upstairs?!)

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Joe Balitzki
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 02, 2011 11:25 PM      Profile for Joe Balitzki   Email Joe Balitzki   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Another advantage of the Elmo Trimmer is that it is attached to the projector at the factory so it never can get lost! [Wink]

--------------------

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC