8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Workprinter HD Velocity HD Manual Snyc Setting Help

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Workprinter HD Velocity HD Manual Snyc Setting Help
Don Huber
Junior

- posted October 26, 2011 09:58 PM      Profile for Don Huber   Email Don Huber   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am having issues with the setting of the manual sync, as the standard auto setting is not working right. I've emailed Roger at Moviestuff.tv twice and I'm guessing he's on vacation, cause I've gotten no response. Anyone have a suggestion on a setting or is it just trial and error?
Thanks,
D.

|  IP: Logged

Tom Fales
Junior

- posted January 22, 2017 10:01 AM      Profile for Tom Fales   Email Tom Fales   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, trial and error. With my original PC and Workprinter-HD a -3 adjustment seemed to be the sweet spot. With my upgraded PC (to MovieStuff specs) uses the automatic sync perfectly. It is a bit frustrating because the vertical blur may not appear until the later part of a 20-minute 8mm film transfer, so testing with a short reel may not work. To be safe, I now split larger reels into two captures: I turn off the "velocity" and "speed" switches simulataneously, then stop the transfer. Then start the second transfer with a new file name (e.g. 1-B) and turn on capture. I tie the two segments together in video editing software: no noticeable issues.

--------------------
Tom
MovieStuff Retro-8 Pro
MovieStuff Retro-16
Intel i7 5820k 64GB
Thermaltake Level 10 GT Snow Edition
Studio 22 Ultimate

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC