8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Eumig 804D Question

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Eumig 804D Question
Zechariah Sporre
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 01, 2011 10:22 PM      Profile for Zechariah Sporre     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was privileged enough to find a Eumig projetor that was still new in the box and never used :-) I was curious though was it typical for projectors to come with no bulb when they were new. Since I've been into 8mm for less then 3 years I don't know the answer to this one.

--------------------
There is a fine line between a hobby and a mental illness

|  IP: Logged

Alexander Lechner
Expert Film Handler

- posted December 02, 2011 01:38 AM      Profile for Alexander Lechner   Email Alexander Lechner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I read some time ago somewhere (highly scientific quote!) about Eumig projectors that the final set up was done by the dealer, for example the voltage setting. I don't think that the text mentioned the bulb but I can imagine that putting in the bulb might have been one of the dealer's responsibility as well.

--------------------
Alex

Maurizio Di Cintio
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 02, 2011 10:52 AM      Profile for Maurizio Di Cintio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, Alexander. Are you in the condition to locate a supplier for Eumig spare parts? Also is it true that Eumig used to manufacture most of their projectors' components in-house (inluded the sound heads??) Are there any books published on the history and demise of this legendary manufacturer?

Thanx for your help.

--------------------
Maurizio

Alexander Lechner
Expert Film Handler

- posted December 03, 2011 11:01 AM      Profile for Alexander Lechner   Email Alexander Lechner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Maurizio!
I have never heared of a place that'd have a big number of Eumig spare parts; no idea what happened to all the parts when they went bankrupt. I can remember my shocked father when it happened but I was a bit too young to get interested in the background then.
There are so many projectors around in Austria that you wouldn't really have a spare part problem. I have got a few 800 series, two of them I use for projection, the other ones are waiting for parts to be taken and used; I can't see that anything might break though ...
I don't know whether they produced all the parts in the machines themselves. There is a good chance that they did the sound heads as Eumig also produced electronic equipment like radios, cassette decks and amplifiers.
All knowledge I have about Eumig's history is of Schmalfilm magazine that had a 3 part series on Eumig some time ago. Don't know about books, but I could look that up for you; they'd be in German though.

--------------------
Alex

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted December 03, 2011 12:23 PM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Zechariah.
The Eumig 804D was in the main for the Spanish export market. Although I’ve been keen on Eumig’s for many years now I have never seen the 804D in the flesh but pleased to know they did exist.

Bill Brandenstein
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 03, 2011 01:51 PM      Profile for Bill Brandenstein   Email Bill Brandenstein   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Zechariah, that's one of the projectors for which you can get a brighter Xenophot bulb at the same wattage, and they're not expensive either.

Zechariah Sporre
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 04, 2011 04:24 PM      Profile for Zechariah Sporre     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
An Xenophot bulb huh? Interesting. Do you know of some place in particular to get those bulbs or just google for it? To bad I just bought a bulb already but maybe I'll get a back up. I thought it was kind of interesting that most of the dual Eumig projectors that I've seen say Standard Single & Super. This one just lists Standard and Super.

--------------------
There is a fine line between a hobby and a mental illness

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted December 04, 2011 04:38 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think Xenophot is sold at any regular bulb/lighting store. All Osram is Xenophot.

Like this one:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250839190493

or Xenophot is trademark of Osram? because I cannot see from Xenophot from Phillips?

--------------------
Winbert

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC