8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Greetings! (And a quick question...)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Greetings! (And a quick question...)
Ryan Olson
Junior

- posted January 19, 2012 02:40 PM      Profile for Ryan Olson   Email Ryan Olson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,

As you can likely tell, I'm new to this forum. It will be exciting to get to know this community. Here's my question:

You see, I want to get into film collecting. Firstly, however, I need a projector. There is a Dual-8 one for sale locally, but I'd like to know the value before I try to purchase it. Can anyone tell me what a Chinon Sound 6100 in mint working condition is worth?

Thank you once again for accepting me, and I look forward to starting out. Feel free to ask any (reasonable) questions.

Sincerely,
Ryan

--------------------
My future Super 8 wants:

Star Wars Trilogy Features
Our Gang/Little Rascals
Robocop
Various Cartoons
Mixed Features, new and old (Specifics Later.)

Feel free to privately ask for my Skype info.

|  IP: Logged

Douglas Meltzer

- posted January 19, 2012 03:07 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ryan,

Welcome to the 8mm Forum! This is a great hobby you're getting into.

The Chinon 6100 is not a dual 8 projector. It can only be used with Super 8 films, sound or silent. There's one on eBay now for $60.00.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Ryan Olson
Junior

- posted January 19, 2012 03:22 PM      Profile for Ryan Olson   Email Ryan Olson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Doug,

Thanks for the reply, and for informing me that it is only able to project Super 8. Do you personally think $60 is reasonable? It's funny, $60 is the exact amount that this seller is selling for. It probably isn't the same person, though, for this ad wasn't on eBay.

Take care,
Ryan

--------------------
My future Super 8 wants:

Star Wars Trilogy Features
Our Gang/Little Rascals
Robocop
Various Cartoons
Mixed Features, new and old (Specifics Later.)

Feel free to privately ask for my Skype info.

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted January 19, 2012 03:29 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ryan,

If you can meet the seller in person, this is great advantages rather thank buying from Ebay.

The advantages are:

1. You don't need to spend for shipping which can be expensive for a heavy item like projector.

2. You can make a deal with the seller (ask for $40 and you will end up $50, still it is $10 saving)

3. Ebay is an auction that the price can increase.

4. And the most important, you can check the projector condition if it is working or not, to avoid returning item which will burden you for another shipping cost.

BTW, welcome ... I can see your signature that you are ready to join the club... [Wink]

cheers

--------------------
Winbert

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC