8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Cleaning Chinon 7000

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cleaning Chinon 7000
Grant Fitzgerald
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 21, 2012 11:54 AM      Profile for Grant Fitzgerald   Author's Homepage   Email Grant Fitzgerald   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So the lens of my Chinon 7000 seems to have some dirt in it. Or at least is shows when it projects. Anyone know how I might be able to clean this?

|  IP: Logged

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted January 22, 2012 08:25 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If the dirty you see is on the edge of screen (not in the middle of the screen) it is usualy the dirt not on the lens but on the film path. Clean the area where the light comes through a small square hole. Dirt/dust are usually accumulated here after playing several dirty films.

I usually clean the edge of the square hole with a small stick because dust can be really hard there after sometime.

--------------------
Winbert

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC