8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Star Wars Grappling hook miss?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Star Wars Grappling hook miss?
Alan Rik
Film God

- posted March 22, 2012 08:15 PM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a question for all you Star Wars fans. When I had my Star Wars Feature Film auction up one of the questions was if the scene where Luke and Leia are about to cross the chasm, did Luke throw the grappling hook once...or twice? The first time missing?
I checked the Cinevision print and it was one shot. The Derann is one. But I don't know why...but now I remember seeing a version where the first throw missed and Leia gave him a dirty look...then the 2nd throw made it.
But upon checking the internet some are saying it never happened and others swear they saw it. I have never seen it on video, laserdisk, CAV, even a bootleg on VHS I had years ago.
So while tending bar the other night I asked the question to 2 patrons there. I asked them how many times did Luke throw the grappling hook. Both men in their 40's said..twice!
This should be an interesting discussion!
What do you remember?

|  IP: Logged

Bill Phelps
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 23, 2012 04:55 PM      Profile for Bill Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I seem to remember him throwing it twice too...maybe they exchanged looks before he threw it and that's where the confusion comes in.

Bill [Smile]

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted March 23, 2012 06:01 PM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
Alan I do believe you're right and I'll have to view the s/8 shorts
and feature again.I used to have the original feature on video
that I recorded off TV and this was when the announcer said
that this would be the last time this version would be broadcast
as if you remember special scenes were included etc.
Unfortunately I gave this to my late Father,and I wouldn't mind
betting this has the scene you're speaking of,we can't all be
imagining this...........can we?

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted March 24, 2012 05:06 AM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My wife has told me she is not a "Star Wars" fan, but says it was twice. The first one missed and remembers Luke pulling it back to his belt thing "her words" [Wink] for another go....me I cant remember [Frown]

Graham.

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted March 24, 2012 09:36 AM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Strange, strange, strange! Now where can we find this elusive missing scene?

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted March 24, 2012 03:35 PM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
This little "to do" reminds me of the "Texas Chain Saw Massacre"
where people swear they'd seen the meathook entering the young
girl's back when Leatherface first attacked the youngsters,and it
was down to clever cutting.There's no getting away from this one
Alan has started something here,wheres Osi Wan Kenobi when you
need him?

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC